What’s the best deer hunting scope for under $500?

Hello,
I am looking for a new rifle scope for deer hunting. Hoping to keep it under $500. I will be hunting in Texas and Arkansas. The likely range will be less than 200 yards. Most of the time we will be shooting from deer blinds. I am shooting a Tikka T3x lite in 6.5 cm. I have been checking out the vortex diamondback tactical but looking for some other options.
Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
I have a 2-7 diamondback on my mzldr...like it a lot. Killed deer at 180 yds with mz. Other's at 10 ft10
I hunt thick forest in NH for driven deer that are close and running shots...i get on em pretty quik.
For longer range look at a 2-10.
Swampfox has a nice 2-10 and a 1-10 for up close or longer range

Vortex Razor LH on sale at Eurooptic for less than $500.
Check on ebay, you can find a good used leupold for under 500.00. I recently bought a 2.5 -10 x 50 for just under 500.00. You do not need a tacticle scope for you application. Vortex diamondback however seems to be a good scope, I have and use it while working up different loads.

IMHO, Any 3x9 as mentioned before. Look to the manufacturers that have lifetime warranties.
I happened on one of these and they are great especially for distances. $350 is an awesome price.

Cannot go wrong with Vortex line of scopes.
If you do more sitting than walking go with a 56mm bell if they have it. If you walk / stalk go with a 44 or 50 mm bell. Marty

I have a Leupold VX -1 3 x 9 x 40 I put on an old Mauser action FN 30/06, it's a great scope for 199.00 and it has a lifetime guarantee. I'm not likely to shoot more than 150- 200 yards so I don't need anything more than that.

Hello,
I am looking for a new rifle scope for deer hunting. Hoping to keep it under $500. I will be hunting in Texas and Arkansas. The likely range will be less than 200 yards. Most of the time we will be shooting from deer blinds. I am shooting a Tikka T3x lite in 6.5 cm. I have been checking out the vortex diamondback tactical but looking for some other options.
Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
Vortex crossfire 4x14x4o 150.00 or less

Meopta are on sale at Midsouth…. I have a 3.5-14x50 on my 17 HMR and I could not be happier. Squirrelinator! I would suggest the 3-18x50 BDC Dichlor retical. You will love it!
Never heard of Meopta about 6 weeks ago. Now I own one. So glad I gave it a shot! Glass clarity and brightness at the last few minutes of legal shooting time and well
past made a Leupold VX5 look pretty bad side by side.

Another guy in here owns an Optika and VX6 and says the only difference is clarity at the very outer edges of the scope and you have to have them side by side to tell.

Meopta are on sale at Midsouth…. I have a 3.5-14x50 on my 17 HMR and I could not be happier. Squirrelinator! I would suggest the 3-18x50 BDC Dichlor retical. You will love it!

I USED to BE,.. a Leupold Man,.. NOW, I have,...
My 2 Tikka Hunting Rifles, wearing,.. 4.5 x 14 Burris's ( 18 ounce scopes = 7.5 pound Tikka's ! ).
My 2 Varmint / Target rifles, wear 6.5 x 20's
A 2x7x on a 7x30 Waters Contender SS, a 3x 9 on my AR and another, 4.5 x 14 on, a Custom Ruger 10-22 !
Hunted the Late Elk hunt in Arizona at 7,000+ ft.,.. Snowed 4 Days,.. got my Elk,.. NO,.. scope problems.
I Dial "Ranges" with, a Custom made Turret, to 750 Yards and have NEVER had, any Issues returning back, to Zero at 200 yards.
We shoot, 11" Steel Plates, many Times, during the Spring & Summer, to practice Field Positions.
Affordable, clear, Bright, track well enough ( a tiny bit, mushy ) and they just,.. "Work" !
I "could" afford, a March or, NF,.. IF, I thought they were,.. "enough" better for,.. Big Game !
Big Game = Big Targets ! Check, Sport Optic's Prices for, Burris !

Last edited:
Never heard of Meopta about 6 weeks ago. Now I own one. So glad I gave it a shot! Glass clarity and brightness at the last few minutes of legal shooting time and well
past made a Leupold VX5 look pretty bad side by side.

Another guy in here owns an Optika and VX6 and says the only difference is clarity at the very outer edges of the scope and you have to have them side by side to tell.
My other rifle scope is a Kahles!

Recent Posts