Whats the best HUNTING rangefinder for aprx $500?

NONYA

Looking for a good RF that will range out past 800 without having to sit there with the button depressed,RF propped on a rest, hoping for a miracle.My NiKon is great for shorter ranges but beyond 600 it takes an act of god to get a good reading,its sveral years old and going down hill.Whats out there in the $500-600 range that will read 800+ without these issues?Thanx

I am also in the market for a rangefinder, I've done a lot of reading lately and see that the Leupold RX-1000i is also very highly rated.
Anyone have any opinion on the RX-1000i.

Like BigNGreen said if you can spring for it the leica 1600 is hard to beat. If not look over the classifieds for a leica crf 900 or better yet 1200 model **** good rangefinders for the money and used they would be under your budget.

Untill you get to 3 times as much it's almost impossible to beat leicas for reliable readings.

Like BigNGreen said if you can spring for it the leica 1600 is hard to beat. If not look over the classifieds for a leica crf 900 or better yet 1200 model **** good rangefinders for the money and used they would be under your budget.

Untill you get to 3 times as much it's almost impossible to beat leicas for reliable readings.

+1

I bought a gently used Leica CRF 1200 several years ago and have been very happy with it.

Give Camera Land New York a phone call. They are a sponsor on this site. Sometimes they have open box 1600B fully inspected ready to go for around 650. Really a good deal if you are not too picky and you can always send it back.

Leica 1600 CRF hands down. I have tested all the popular units and the Leica cant be beat for the price.

If you want to test drive one come on out and try my 1600 first. Then you will know if this is what you want before you spend the $$..

Jeff

I found my Leica CRF1200 for $450 CAD used two years ago. Like brand new. If you look for a deal you will find it.
I have been able to get readings out to 1300 yards in perfect conditions.

Cashed in all the Sportsmans cards we got at our wedding and bought the r1000 Leica,nice light package,ranged 1098 first try,Im happy,HAPPY,HAPPY!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.