Western Auto Supply Co. Model 200 30-30

pacowboy

My father in law passed away May 7. Today my mother in law gave me the title gun he wanted me to have.

Western Auto Supply Company
Revelation Model 200 30-30

Can anyone give me any information on these rifles, as I have never heard of this make before. I plan to hunt with it this fall for deer
356BA857-F484-47C4-8221-EA8B382FC2E4.jpeg
here in Pa.

DEC0F9E1-6F90-4EA0-8158-A9F95997812F.jpeg

My father in law passed away May 7. Today my mother in law gave me the title gun he wanted me to have.

Can anyone give me any information on these rifles, as I have never heard of this make before. I plan to hunt with it this fall for deerView attachment 369553 here in Pa.

View attachment 369552
Sorry to hear that your dad passed away. Really nice rifle to be handed down!!!

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'd agree with the group that looks like a Marlin. I believe that era it could have Micro-groove rifling. So jacketed bullets would work better. Micro-groove fouled badly with lead cast bullets if memory serves me correctly. Prices on that era lever guns has recently skyrocketed. It looks like he took great care of it. It should make a fine family heirloom.

So sorry for your loss.
It's a rebranded Marlin 336. If you look at the left side of barrel just past the action there is likely a "JM" stamped.
Excellent little rifles and once tuned, they're my personal favorite leverguns.
I've recently started shooting the 143gr Lever Hammers in mine and really like the performance. I also buy 165gr in bulk and after powder coating they're excellent for plinking fun and small game with a case filled with Trailboss.
I hope you enjoy the vintage levergun and think of your father each time you use it.

As a kid, I was able to hunt with a gun just like that one and although I tried my best to buy it, the man who owned it would never sell it to me. When he passed away all his guns went to his kids who (I found out to late) sold them all for practically nothing because none of them inherited his love for the outdoors and hunting. Really loved that gun and has been said by others, it was made for Western Auto by Marlin. Great woods gun.

As a kid, I was able to hunt with a gun just like that one and although I tried my best to buy it, the man who owned it would never sell it to me. When he passed away all his guns went to his kids who (I found out to late) sold them all for practically nothing because none of them inherited his love for the outdoors and hunting. Really loved that gun and has been said by others, it was made for Western Auto by Marlin. Great woods gun.
Yes, it happens a lot that way, sad, then years latter some regret it.

Sorry for your lose, Many happy memories and hopefully many hunts to come. Fine gun.

Can anyone give me any information on these rifles, as I have never heard of this make before. I plan to hunt with it this fall for deerView attachment 369553 here in Pa.

View attachment 369552
Yep, a Marlin 336 those were the days, old school. In the past when I was younger I bought a few Coast to Coast Hardware, Western Auto Supply, Sears & Roebuck, Ted Williams, and a few more, those guns back then were considered cheaper models, of the original models... today they are considered great barn finds some being collectible. Good Luck Cheers

Those who are saying "rebranded Marlin 336" are almost correct. It is actually a Glenfield 30. Glenfield was Marlin's less expensive brand way back when. Fit and finish were not as good as the Marlins (mostly they weren't polished to as high a standard before bluing) and wood was rather plain. There were several companies for which Marlin just rebranded Genfield 30s with the company's "store brand" name.

Revelation was Western Auto's store brand. Marlin made their lever guns, Mossberg their pump shotguns, etc.

I have a Western Field 740A which was Montgomery Ward's version of the same rifle. My Dad bought it new in 1959.

Be careful if you need to replace any parts. "Most" 336 parts fit but not all. Example: Neither of the standard Marlin 336 forends will fit the Glenfields.

Those who are saying "rebranded Marlin 336" are almost correct. It is actually a Glenfield 30. Glenfield was Marlin's less expensive brand way back when. Fit and finish were not as good as the Marlins (mostly they weren't polished to as high a standard before bluing) and wood was rather plain. There were several companies for which Marlin just rebranded Genfield 30s with the company's "store brand" name.

Revelation was Western Auto's store brand. Marlin made their lever guns, Mossberg their pump shotguns, etc.

I have a Western Field 740A which was Montgomery Ward's version of the same rifle. My Dad bought it new in 1959.

Be careful if you need to replace any parts. "Most" 336 parts fit but not all. Example: Neither of the standard Marlin 336 forends will fit the Glenfields.
I agree. Many a time I rode my bicycle to the "Monkey Wards" store to gaze and dream over the racks of guns there. They were well made by the major manufacturers, perhaps some what plain looking. But oh so much better than our single shot guns. I have a J.C. Higgins pump trap shotgun sold by Sears Roebuck that was made by High Standard. It runs just as smooth as any High Standard model I have ever handled.

Congratulations on receiving a family heirloom. I know that does not always go the way it should.