Well Known Gunsmiths???

Depends on what you want. There are a thousand different correct answers.

Any who are members or sponsors of this forum you can count on doing a great job. Len also sells finished custom rifles through his online store and they are built by those same smiths.

Lot of good smiths that specialize in different things (revolvers, 1911, competition rifles etc). Some are great short range smiths, some are great LR smiths.

If you are talking LR smithing, start at the "Top Recommended Gunsmiths" listing on 6mm BR.com.

All recommended by customers and did not have to pay "sponsor fee" to get their name mentioned or to post and mention gunsmithing as here.

However, some good smiths here too.

Ideally you want a good smith that is close to you, builds what type gun you are looking for and is known to be able to do it relative quickly, reliable on prices and times, and as you want.

Clay Spencer now is the best in my mind. A new and up comer is Steve Pratt with Elk Meadows Performance in Salt Lake, Utah. He does exceptional work and I guarantee his work. He recently built a hunting rifle with scope weighing 11 lbs and it shoots in the .1 all day long with Noslers and Sierra hunting bullets!

Clay Spencer now is the best in my mind. A new and up comer is Steve Pratt with Elk Meadows Performance in Salt Lake, Utah. He does exceptional work and I guarantee his work. He recently built a hunting rifle with scope weighing 11 lbs and it shoots in the .1 all day long with Noslers and Sierra hunting bullets!

Ones are far and few between with hunting bullets all day long , That would be like saying there's a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow ! Don't lead the newbie on.

+1 What bounty hunter said....Accurate shooters top gunsmiths is were its at

I hope before you make accusations that others are misleading that you check out the track records of those I recommended. Check out Clay Spencer Gun Builder on Google. And then decide if SnowPro makes unknowledgeable comments that are misleading.

I will tell you Clay is one of the only smiths that guarantees his work for a certain level of accuracy. I hope you can afford him.

Ones are far and few between with hunting bullets all day long , That would be like saying there's a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow ! Don't lead the newbie on.

+1 What bounty hunter said....Accurate shooters top gunsmiths is were its at
He didn't guarantee .1's, he guaranteed the quality of work and pointed to a great example.

No need turning this into a ******* contest.

I just didn't want the newbie to think this guy or any smith was able to turn out guns that shot in the .1's all day long , no such thing , I never said anything about the smith or the work he did . I'm ok with what I stated , wildrose go back and read the post , not trying to turn this thread into anything.

I just didn't want the newbie to think this guy or any smith was able to turn out guns that shot in the .1's all day long , no such thing , I never said anything about the smith or the work he did . I'm ok with what I stated , wildrose go back and read the post , not trying to turn this thread into anything.
He wasn't leading anyone on nor misleading them which is what your post implied. That's why I spoke up, to head of a ******* contest.

And now we return to the regularly scheduled thread.gun)

He wasn't leading anyone on nor misleading them which is what your post implied. That's why I spoke up, to head of a ******* contest.

And now we return to the regularly scheduled thread.gun)

which part of .1's did you miss , As I can send you a picture so you can understand it

If I understand snowpro440 correctly, he's fine with everything else but the statement "all day long". One of my hunting buddy says that line a lot too but I know it's just his "figure of speech".

Cheers!:cool:

which part of .1's did you miss , As I can send you a picture so you can understand it
I missed nothing so let me help you. The bold, underline, and Italics are added emphasis by myself.

A and IT are both singular.

He made a statement and gave one example, he did not claim that all the rifles built by Spencer will shoot .1's.

That is in no way deceptive or misleading unless you can show the rifle he's speaking of will not perform as described.

Now enough of crapping on this guys thread. He's not learning anything except how petulant and combative some of us can be.

I missed nothing so let me help you. The bold, underline, and Italics are added emphasis by myself.

A and IT are both singular.

He made a statement and gave one example, he did not claim that all the rifles built by Spencer will shoot .1's.

That is in no way deceptive or misleading unless you can show the rifle he's speaking of will not perform as described.

Now enough of crapping on this guys thread. He's not learning anything except how petulant and combative some of us can be.

I guess you should sit an read then , To have a rifle shoot in the one's all day long is misleading if you can't read it , I might have to send you that picture, and rifle is singular.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts