Well boys got scammed on gunbroker(possibly resolved)

That stinks man. I've never had any issues on GB but in this era of shortages we must all exercise extreme caution with new sellers. Hope it works out for you. Good luck.

Surprised to here about scammers on Gunbroker. During first year of pandemic I purchased a couple thousand rounds of ammo, bullets and a dozen cans of powder with no issues. I found everyone very straight foreword. As for the high prices. That's to be expected. Supply and demand. Prices were not to bad when the shortage first began. Seems like things have gone down hill since I purchased. Sorry for your loss but it's not realistic to expect people not to make a profit.

I stay away from gunbroker and if they don't except credit cards....then Bye. I too check for legit business name and address, then look for business license and reviews. I saved myself from the last scammer simply by checking for reviews and the one I found said they were a scammer. Better luck next time.

I've bought and sold close to 300 items on GB and never had a problem. More scammers now! GB needs to step up and take care of the problem or their site will go down as well! These guys literally need to have the boots put to them!

Never had a problem on Gunbroker, but I do a lot of research too. Currently getting powder from a guy that sells there, but he has plans to get his own website up soon. He also reloads so he will offer his opinion if asked. Not sure what I can post here. Have bought 13 lbs of powder without an issue.

If you have his phone number, just post it and everyone can call him everyday! If you have a friend in law enforcement, he can get his address. Nothing like showing up on his door steps!
Running someone in NCIC to get an address/info, then providing someone else with it can get you in a lot of trouble, even fired from your agency. Times have changed. I doubt any legitimate LE would do it.

I have never been scammed on gun broker, Ebay, Aliexpress, Amazon. I have bought 2 cars over 1200 miles away, one motorhome 1500 miles away, and never been scamed, except when i was selling on EBay and it didnt cost me any thing because the guy never sent the mony so I never sent the goods. Cant expect seller to send the goods before you send payment!! I wouldnt sell my mother in law without pre-payment, and I really wanted to get rid of her!!!

The problem with gunbroker is they tend to side with sellers not buyers. There have been some notorious scams that went on for years but GB was making fees so they didn't intervene. The one I remember was someone selling fake raufoss rounds....I believe it ended up being hundreds of thousands. Its basically an online cruddy gun show....
Yeah, I bought a rifle that was advertised as new, but when I went to pick it up at my ffl dealer and inspected it, the rifle was clearly used. So I didn't complete the transfer and left it at the ffl. I contacted the seller and he was trying to play dumb. In the meantime I read through gunbrokers policies and process for seller fraud. It was so biased towards sellers that I thought it would be very difficult to get gunbroker to do anything about it. Luckily the seller realized he had been caught and took it back. I think what saved me is I never actually took possession of it and so he couldn't say that I was the one that used it.

I too have bought and sold on GB for years with the only problems being a couple non paying bidders this year.
When I look at the account you provided I would be very skeptical because the user just joined 12/1/21 and has only 1 feedback. Everyone has to start somewhere but the stories of scammers on sites like Cal Guns, Monster Muleys so on make me quite cautious. Some guys request a pic of the item with a current date included in the pic and possibly even more details which would be harder to fake the image.
On this guy he is in Cali which basically doesn't consider thefts under $900 a crime. Postal money order might be a federal offense?
Also on individuals shipping Haz Mat unless something has changed it is not easy to do that I worked at a company that shipped as many as 500 packages a day via UPS, not bad for a car dealership?, and they shipped some Haz Mat but couldn't ship primers and powder so I have never even tried selling those online. Maybe things have changed there?

So two days ago my desperation for reloader 19 for the best of me and I bought a pound on gun broker from a guy with 1 a plus review , didn't think for a second he would be a scammer it says verified seller and everything and had multiple listings . So when I contacted him to make payment I proceed to tell him if he has anymore rl19 come available I'll buy more gladly. he said he had 3 more pounds if I wanted them so of course me being me and as bad I need it I said sure thing so I made payment , as soon as payment was made all communication has stopped I can't get a response ! So I finally found a phone number on his gunbroker profile and sent message , the phone owner said that one of his friends sold the powder with his account and he had to get in touch with him for tracking !! Needless to say it's def a scam and I'm out a little over 300 bucks ! The username is fatboi1919. Buyers beware !
I got scammed as well last February on a ruger 5.7. But after 10 months of getting the run around from gunbroker I received a refund from them just had to jump through abunch of their hoops and bs they have a section to file a grievance about fraudulent sellers.

nothings changed. i tried to ship some paint in gallon cans in special boxes. unless you are a legitimate bussiness the cost is outreagous.