Well boys got scammed on gunbroker(possibly resolved)

One thing mentioned above that has worked for me: Always use a credit card, direct or through PayPal.
Several times I have taken a chance on a supplier I didn't know (in-stock-hard-to-find item/low price). Some were good, a few were worthless.
By the time the charge was posted by my credit card company, If I didn't have a tracking number or good communication, I disputed the charge. A hold would then be put on the money until the issue was resolved. With both American Express and Wells Fargo my money was returned within weeks.
A red flag for me is if they only accept a check or money order - no credit card.

I've used GB for many years now both buying and selling. I've only bought from sellers with a good number of positive feedbacks. Only once did I buy a used rifle from a guy that over rated the condition. I gave him a poor rating and then I repaired the rifle and resold it for what I paid for it. The new buyer said it was just what he was looking for and it worked perfectly. All my other transactions have been great.
I'm sorry for your problem. I hope it gets resolved soon.

I worry about scams all the time....if I was you, I would contact the person whose GB account was used and tell him you are going to file a report with the Attorney General in their state. I would also mention that I hoped it wouldn't cause him any legal problems for being the GB account holder, as he was implicit in the transaction by letting the fraudulent transaction take place. I know alot of people say, well, it could've been worse, but the next guy they cheat might be out a thousand....and I HATE thieves.... I don't care if it's $10 or $10,000. I would call the number back and let the guy know that if I didn't hear back in 24 hours, I would contact any and every agency I could about fraud, interstate fraud, etc. Mention the BATF ....OK, worked out my anger issues...rsbhunter.....This was from the states, yes?

I guess I have been lucky, but I have not purchased anything off gunbroker in a couple years. It is unfortunate that nobody can trust your fellow man! What is our world coming to? The past two years it seams that so many scammers over the internet and our government is forcing everyone to shop online? Anything I purchase is CC backed by fraud protection and PayPal. I have had issues in the past year (not on gunbroker) and I have had both CC and PayPal go to bat for me and get my money back. If seller will not accept CC or PayPal, I don't do business with them!

Sad Sad world we now live in!

So two days ago my desperation for reloader 19 for the best of me and I bought a pound on gun broker from a guy with 1 a plus review , didn't think for a second he would be a scammer it says verified seller and everything and had multiple listings . So when I contacted him to make payment I proceed to tell him if he has anymore rl19 come available I'll buy more gladly. he said he had 3 more pounds if I wanted them so of course me being me and as bad I need it I said sure thing so I made payment , as soon as payment was made all communication has stopped I can't get a response ! So I finally found a phone number on his gunbroker profile and sent message , the phone owner said that one of his friends sold the powder with his account and he had to get in touch with him for tracking !! Needless to say it's def a scam and I'm out a little over 300 bucks ! The username is fatboi1919. Buyers beware !
A few years ago, I purchased, or at least I thought I did, ammo from a seller on GB from Washington state to the tune of around $85, or so. When it didn't arrive on time I emailed the seller. He advised, and even had a full name on the reply, that they were backed up but my order would be shipped the next day. Needless to say, it never came. Future emails were unanswered so I contacted GB. They advised they had several other complaints on this seller and was considering banning them and asked me to try one more time and advise them of the result. I did and, again, no reply. I re-contacted GB who said that the seller was going to be banned now due to past complaints and my perseverance. They must've been true to their word because I haven't seen them on their since. I suppose they could operate under a different name, etc. but I at least did my part and was reimbursed from my credit card company.

I have purchased many items off Gun Broker. Had two different orders of bullets get lost in the mail. Got refunds on both. Several long guns and a couple pistols. No problem

So. Sorry. Fir you buddy! Thank you for spreading the. Word ! I. Was about to. But 270. Weatherby mag once fired brass. From a guy on. Gun broke ! Not. Now !!

So two days ago my desperation for reloader 19 for the best of me and I bought a pound on gun broker from a guy with 1 a plus review , didn't think for a second he would be a scammer it says verified seller and everything and had multiple listings . So when I contacted him to make payment I proceed to tell him if he has anymore rl19 come available I'll buy more gladly. he said he had 3 more pounds if I wanted them so of course me being me and as bad I need it I said sure thing so I made payment , as soon as payment was made all communication has stopped I can't get a response ! So I finally found a phone number on his gunbroker profile and sent message , the phone owner said that one of his friends sold the powder with his account and he had to get in touch with him for tracking !! Needless to say it's def a scam and I'm out a little over 300 bucks ! The username is fatboi1919. Buyers beware !
Hey man, I think I have quiet a bit of RL19 that none of my guns shoot if you are interested. Where are you located? PM me.

Recent Posts