Weatherby's new 307 line of rifles.

A/1-61

I've been checking out the buzz about Weatherby's new 307 line of rifles. Carbon fiber barrels , built on a 700 type chassis. Compatible to model 700 accessories, BSF carbon fiber barrels, sub MOA guarantee. Alpine, Meateater and Adventure series. 6.5 to 7.5 lb. 1:7.5 1:8 twists. Anyone have any opinions?

Yeah, but you all will probably not like it.

Yet another Rem 700 copy.
Kinda like the Chevy Malibu of actions.

For the cost & what it weighs, i bought a Weatherby Mark V Weathermark LT for less, and it weighs about the same.
That's the magnum, 9 lug action and 26" barrel.

Note, you can get a new custom action and Shilen/Bertlein/Kreiger barrel for about the same money.

Carbon 🤩
IMG_3988.png

1715860039261.png

Yet another Rem 700 copy.
Kinda like the Chevy Malibu of actions.

Absolutely! Where the market still has room to grow and we have a better selection for building components, you bet! The range of choice just gets better!

Since I don't buy factory rifles, the better range of choices will always get my attention, especially with Weatherby's reputation. I bought several of the 307s a while back for builds. Nothing is easier than being able to use my same programs for barreling with tiny changes. The number of aftermarket parts and accessories far outweighs virtually every other style of action. The performance can be equal to or better than most of the Remington-style actions being sold currently. Most of this will rely on the gunsmith and the best processes used to create the rifle. And yes, don't forget the potential for prefits so heavily relied on these days.

As with every set of desires, you always the choice and make those decisions based on your wants and needs. Bigger selection broader market appeal and decent price points usually draws a crowd.

:)

They're good rifles and IMO a good deal for what you get. The alpine can be had for $2600ish if you shop around and when you consider you're getting a $1600 stock plus a carbon barrel it's a hell of a deal. Normally I wouldn't roll the dice on a CF barrel that's not a Proof or Bartlein but BSF has a pretty good reputation overall and Weatherby has great CS so I'd feel confident they'd make it right if there was an issue.