Weatherby VS SAKO

Chanse1

Have been looking at moving into a .338 Lapua and was pretty settled on a TRG 42 until I ran across the Weatherby Mark V in that calibre. I do like my other Weatherby, alot! and am now trying to decide between these two rifles. There is a pretty substantial price difference between the two, but that is pretty far down the list of considerations.
I would appreciate any input any of you have concerning either one, or both, of these rifles, re: barrel life, action, triggers, accuracy, overall quality, accessories, where to buy, and any other comments regarding these rifles, etc.
Thanks for your input.

I have both TRG 42 and TRG 22 and a Weatherby Mark V… I would take the TRG over the Weatherby Mark V all day long. Out of the box the sako will shot .5 at 100 yards weather it's a 308 win 260Rem 300WM 338 lap. The trigger is adjustable in length, horizontal and vertical pitch as well as let off. And TRG stock is fully adjustable. I don't really think its a fair to compare the two guns because one is a hunting rifle and the other is purpose-built for long-range target shooting or sniping.

In the 60's you could compare a weatherby to a sako. Not in the same class today. If
money is no object the choice is the Sako. If money is the object, my choice would still
be the Sako.

I agree with the other posts, realize the Sako is 12 lbs. w/out scope,bullets,sling, etc.

Thank you all for your input.
"TRG", especially, I appreciated your comments about the purpose of the two rifles. I had not considered them in that way at this point.
"SP6x6", the weight will not be an issue as I am not planning on taking the gun hunting, but it is nice to be reminded that it is not a "lightweight" like some others. Thanks.

Ive handled one, and wouldnt mind one at all for a rig riflegun)I love 338's

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.