Weatherby vs Custom

KidWalleye

Ive been looking around at different rifles for long range. was just looking at the Weatherby web site and was wondering on these rifles.

Mark V® TRR RC (Range Certified) | Weatherby.com

is this thing worth the $4200 or would I be better off having a custom built.

I see the Gun Werks LR1000 is starting a $5500 on their website. so I am really unsure of this cost of the weatherby rifle.

thank for any and all help guys.

Gary

Yeah, inflation is up, the dollar's down, and gun prices have gotten retarded. $5,500 for a rifle? I can build one with just as good components that's just as accurate for 1/3 of that (not including glass) even including paying the smith...

Comparison shop by going to the Long Range Rifles icon at the top of the page. Good delivery time, an accuracy guarantee, with some variety, caliber and configuration wise.

There are sponsors that are building some great rifles as well.

If after that the Weatherby still tugs at you, go with it.

You'd be much better off buying a GAP Crusader if you are going to put out that kind of money. The GAP comes with a 3/8 MOA guarantee and quality is unquestionable.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts