Sako 75 vs Accumark?

highdrum

I am looking at two different 7mm stw's. I am planning on buying 1, which I am not sure. I know the accumark will be a shooter, haven't seen one that isn't. I know sakos have a reputation for being very accurate rifles. I don't like the idea of the weatherby weighing in at 8.75lbs empty. That thing will be close to 11lbs by the time it has ammo and optics. The Sako weighs 7.75lbs. I can get a lonewolf stock for either weapon, bringing the weight of each down by roughly 12-16 Oz's. Anyone with any experience with either model? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

I would get the accumark. You get a good stock with a aluminum bedding block, a barrel made by Krieger, and a great trigger. Every accumark I have owned has shot excellent. I have owned Sako's and just am not that fond of them.I like the action better on the Mark V.

Well both rifles have a 1:9.5 twist, which is no bueno for heavy long range pills. I guess I'll have to look for a remmy or for someone who has already built one!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.