Weatherby project

JasonC

My dad recently gave me an old W.German Weatherby Mark V .300 Wby. Mag. The rifle is in pretty bad shape as it has been used in the field to take many deer, elk, cougar, a big horn sheep and a moose. I would like to give the rifle a make over and bring some life back into her. I currently have a new stock ordered and on the way. I would also like to have the following done:

Pillar & Glass Bed Stock
New barrel
Re-surface/bead blast all parts
Refinish / Re-blue parts
Replace worn out / damaged parts
Install Timney trigger

Does anyone know of a good gunsmith that specializes in Weatherby rifles or know of a shop that does this type of work on hunting rifles?

Thanks,

JasonC

Jason,
That souds like a great piece of family history. My dad has his fathers MKV sitting in the gun case in about the same condtion you describe.

If I were you i would give Weatherby's custoemr service a call. I have heard about them rebarreling even an old shot out barrel if it dosen;t hold its 1.5inch guarntee. They would probly have the right parts to fix anything aswell.

Call them and see if they can help you. Then you can have someone pillar and glass bed the gun when you get it back.

Willys46

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.