Weatherby or Remington

+ 1 for Remington. I've tried savage and kimber without any luck and the kimber was the worst as far as accuracy (2 to 4 inch groups) and the savage just felt cheap IMO. As far as weatherby I have shot a few there nice guns good accuracy but pricey and Remington has way better aftermarket support. Every body makes a dud now and then you take a chance know matter who makes it. Good luck.

All my weatherbys where shooters.Bought brand new Rem and had to go to smith to cycle rounds.For a 300 win Sako finn is a nice rifle and my buddies shoots well to 1000.

Wby, but I would consider the .270 WbyMag. Flatter shooting for long western ranges, much easier on the shoulder, and with 150gr will kill anything in North America. Good luck w your Colo hunt.

The lawyers are so strict they have to make them that way.

I always love it when I see this. Might as well blame your mechanic every time there is a vehicle recall. Not an attack on you MudRunner2005, just noting what I see regularly. Morons make these things happen, whether in manufacturing or in end user. The rest of us pay the price for the bad (stupid/criminal/negligent/etc.) behavior of others.

I have both Rems and Wby's and out of the box I would go with Wby. While most companies are trying to put out a better product (Wby, Savage, Tikka...) it seems that Remington is content to sit on its "one time great 700" laurels and just put out lower quality products. Rubber stocks, triggers that go "boom" when they want to (or not)...Geez! :rolleyes:

I always love it when I see this. Might as well blame your mechanic every time there is a vehicle recall. Not an attack on you MudRunner2005, just noting what I see regularly. Morons make these things happen, whether in manufacturing or in end user. The rest of us pay the price for the bad (stupid/criminal/negligent/etc.) behavior of others.
I am well aware, it's because of lawyers that morons can sue the manufacturer because of their own stupidity, so the manufacturers have to make the triggers lawyer-proof. Which screw everybody.

That's what I was saying.

I would go with the Rem because it has many more after market items available. If you choose to restock, customize etc down the road it is easier with a Rem IMO.

I would probably take the Weatherby if you keep the rifle stock. My Rem's are all built actions. My Weatherby is a .280 rem Accumark, nice rifle and stock...not cheap. I would say buy a Tikka T3. I have a few Tikka's very accurate and have good triggers for a factory rifle, half the price of my Weatherby.

Sorry to burst your bubble but...

In conversations about a new chambering with the manufacturer, "risk management" was part of the product criteria even if it meant compromise in the implementation from the design optimum. In simpler words. The lawyers got their say to make the product stupid.

I like the company so I don't want to name names specifically, there is plenty of information in my threads for you to figure it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.