Wear your Helmet

slv hunter

I lost a close friend two weeks ago. He was riding his ATV without his helmet. He was on a county road near his home and lost control somehow. His wife saw a poof of dust and he didn't come back right away so she went to check things out. She found him piled up in the road and the ATV on all four wheels. They flight for life him to nearest trauma hospital where he spent the next 9 days in coma. Unfortunately his wife had to make the decision to take him off life support.
He left behind his wife and 5 children. He was a great guy and better family man.
This could have been easily avoided by wearing a helmet. Please don't make a loved one have to go through what his wife is going through!!!
Thanks for everyone's help. Be safe and live another day
Jim

I lost a close friend two weeks ago. He was riding his ATV without his helmet. He was on a county road near his home and lost control somehow. His wife saw a poof of dust and he didn't come back right away so she went to check things out. She found him piled up in the road and the ATV on all four wheels. They flight for life him to nearest trauma hospital where he spent the next 9 days in coma. Unfortunately his wife had to make the decision to take him off life support.
He left behind his wife and 5 children. He was a great guy and better family man.
This could have been easily avoided by wearing a helmet. Please don't make a loved one have to go through what his wife is going through!!!
Thanks for everyone's help. Be safe and live another day
Jim
Thats a sad deal - thanks for posting and for the reminder.

I think most of us have known someone that has been mangled or lost their life to an atv or SxS.
Those things are dangerous. Wear the helmet, along with a dose of caution and common sense.

Let me say thank everyone for they're warm thoughts and prayers.
The family is doing as best that can be expected. The help of their church, family and friends is greatly appreciated and helping them get by.
The best help we can give is to please put that helmet on and remind your family and friends to do the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts