Weapons In Pictures

I usually take pictures both ways, I like to have a picture that is representative of the animal, then if the gun is a part of the story then I get that I there then I take pictures of terminal performance.
I do like a picture with just the animal in focus!!

Good words...

For me and just me the trophy is the hunt experience, not the game and not the rifle. As for pictures I don't care for pimp pics (IE someone sitting back in the yonder in an attempt to make the game look big), I do like pics from multiple angles of the game and while I truly appreciate a good rig to me my gun is pretty much a tool. For the most part a well trusted tool but non the less it is a tool to me

So for me I don't have any issue with the gun being in the pic somewhere (we'll take pics both with them in the pic and not).

Now what I don't personally care for and keep in mind this is only me I don't care for the pics where someone has placed a gun right in front of the game where the focus is on the gun not the game. Again this is just me and for darn sure doesn't have to be anyone elses opinion:)

For what it's worth and it darn sure isn't much that's my thoughts on the whole gun in pic thing or not...

The weapon is part of the kill, I have photo's with and without the weapon with the animal to provide photo memory of the total experience. Quite a few years ago, my son started improving the experience with taking time to stage the animal to obtain best quality photo's he could. At first, I didn't think big deal, but after a few sessions I realized it is also a tribute to the animal as well.

The same who complain don't think twice of mauling over steaks wrapped in white styrofoam trays at grocery store without thought to the animal that gave its life to those styrofoam trays.

Hmmm, maybe our photos should be of the processed meat already wrapped?

The Adirondacks have a wealth of old hunting photos especially in the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake. If you are ever near BML, you really need to set aside time to visit. It is truly a step back in time. They have one of the coolest boat collections you will see, old Chris Crafts etc. The history of the Adirondacks is fascinating and they take you through early hunting, trapping, homesteading, logging, to modern time.

Zeiss sent out a memo to their prostaff last year with some guidelines of what they want to see in circulation View attachment 383491View attachment 383492
you know you can tag #Zeiss in any picture you want. 🤣🤣🤣

Tagged last night. I'll make video later this week 👀
4B4766B9-265C-4760-BCBD-9B1392010737.jpeg

On another thread a poster commented "So glad to not see weapon in picture."

Do other people feel this way and why? The poster was asked and didn't reply.

Don't worry about this. Do what you want, and enjoy yourself.
If you only did the things that would never offend anyone, you are not going to be doing anything.

I think what it comes down to is a fundamental disconnect with their American market and audience. If you want to pose with your Merkel and looking like you fell out of a Beretta catalogue as you wait on your platform for the pigs to be driven by as they do in Europe then Zeiss is all over it. That is simply not the reality of hunting in the US or north America in general. Now that I think about it, I feel like a lot of the European manufacturers follow the same modus operandi in their marketing, they are just more subtle about it.

Recent Posts