We Have A Problem !

I hope that any member here, being scammed, will post his experience and report it to Len. Your bad deal may make you want to hide it, but you can prevent someone else to falling prey. It is human nature to jump fast on a good deal, especially when it's what you are looking for.

Due diligence. Read their posts....This a good way to sort out whether they belong here. Talk to them on phone, ask questions.......if they can't answer, RUN. Caution doesn't cost much, there will always another "xyz" come along at a price we think is fair.

I've not been a member long but I've been seeing a lot of guys have problems being scammed.

I've had one deal go very very slow and thought I had been taken. I started to investigate how to track my money order...western union...it is almost impossible. I buy way more than sell, but it made me wonder how safe is USPMO???

I just sent $150.00 to a member here this morning for a Choate varmint stock....you guys are making me nervous! o_Oo_Oo_O

OLT...look at the number of "likes" a seller has...not that it's a sure fire way...but at least you know they've had meaningful exchanges in the forums!

No worries Charlie ... I'll ship her as soon as the $ arrives ;)

Multiple deals with multiple members here ... I'll take good care of ya :)

Escrow service would be helpful but comes at a significant cost ...

I tend to use a 'verification' process when I'm buying / sending paypal or pmo ... I'm even so bold now as to ask for both a copy of driver's license and a separate photo/selfie doing something so that I know the other end is legit ... "so far so good"

...a separate photo/selfie doing something so that I know the other end is legit ... "so far so good"

Now you mention doing a selfie! I could have got one of you with my future stock...lol

I tend to be too trusting....I've sent out quite a few things before the money got to me...if I'm close to the post office I drop it in the mail...I've been very lucky so far...but in light of how some have been taken here I will rethink that!

Now you mention doing a selfie! I could have got one of you with my future stock...lol

I tend to be too trusting....I've sent out quite a few things before the money got to me...if I'm close to the post office I drop it in the mail...I've been very lucky so far...but in light of how some have been taken here I will rethink that!

:) ... the stock is WAY better looking than me! ... I've got a face made for radio!

I have done multiple transactions on this site with good results!
I always get a telephone number and a few hours later call it to verify and ask for additional pictures to be texted from that phone! Verify address and the FFL holder!
lastly I Only use USPS MO and mail with delivery verification!
In all the years only 2 bad deals and both were traced and prosecuted by US postal inspectors! One took 6 months to get my funds back the other took a year with restitution thru federal court after prosecution. Antigun PayPal is the most dangerous payment system out there and see if they will help if it involves a gun or related item!
99+% of people here that buy and sell are as honest as any people I"ve ever met!
Len provides this sport with a great forum and a wonderful store and resource for the sport! We all owe him a big thanks.
Doc

Lol I've done 3 or 4 transactions with you. You're good to go!

I'm sure Tim is...it was a great opportunity to make a joke. The stock came up in a conversation in a thread. So I knew it was the real deal.

Like Doc said...huge number of great guys here. Most of my trading, buy and selling has been on a mauser Web site with ancient members. They still had a bad apple sneak in here or there.

I guess on high dollar purchases, even scopes, you could deal through a FFL in the area the seller lives in...get a faxed copy of his FFL so you can bring in a third party to help confirm the deal. The seller should understand and be co-opportive. If not then it might be best to walk away.

While I have never had a problem here, I know it happens. I sell more than I buy (have more stuff than money) and as a seller, communication is key. I look to ease any fear by providing information about myself (phone number/email) if requested. If the seller is defensive about such things, I would be suspicious. While some say they ask for drivers lic, I have a privacy issue with that. I understand the purpose, but that is more information than I'm willing to share with someone on the other end of the computer. Losing money or a item is one thing. Losing your identity is a whole different box of cookies.

I have bought many scopes, ammo, etc. on this site. But like y'all, the trolls have come in. I almost got burned by Blumboss33 myself but got very lucky.
Now I see what I believe is another troll, Jason Aubin. He had a NF ATACR for sale at $2100. a long time ago. I almost bought it, but opted for another. Just today I asked him if he still had it, and to my surprise he did. But the email came back to me from a Nel at a different email address! When asked who that was, Jason replied from his email address! Both 33 and Jason have a Mexican accent in their spelling and name. Both 33 and Jason also said they had extra NF scopes they could sell me. Yes, be dang careful and do a lot of due diligence before sending payment.

Yes this has been a serious issue if/when you get taken. I just had a trail camera taken this past Friday off my property, these two guys showed up the previous Wednesday looking for access to Cow Elk hunt since they needed to tag a Elk a mile from Private Property, maybe they came back to take my trail camera two days later or not, but I still had $150.00 walk away which ****ed me off!

Theft is theft, and people will like that have nothing to lose, and everything is a 100% gain once stolen, pure profit! Armslist has been known as Scamslist, and I saw that first hand years ago when that person somehow got my pictures off the internet and was using them to sell a Kimber Advanced Tactical 308 kit I had FS..... this person was using the same pics on my living room floor! I flag it, and so did a few friends that know me did too...... I even posted pics of that same flooring in the boxes I still have in my garage! That guy kept lowering his price hundreds of dollars each day and way below market value! It's tough when people can copy pictures off the internet, and use those same pics to steal from people.

I sell a lot of stuff off here, and members can see those sales, but we could use a "heads up" forum too and long as it's current. Shame this stuff happens, but theft is constant, and daily, those people somehow avoid from being caught, which is too bad. They won't stop until they do either?
I can actually remember you posting about that when it happened.

I have done tons of transactions on here both buying and selling. Only once did I have a problem but it wasn't because he was a scammer, it was because he was stubborn and it was squashed.

You gotta do your homework when you are buying or selling. Check everything about the person that you can and you will notice if something doesn't seem right. And check the buyer/seller forum for names.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.