WC 130 gr ULD

srhaggerty

Is it possible to shoot these bullets in my 1:10" 28" barrel? This is for my 25-284. Richard still seems to be busy up North and hasn't returned my emails. So I thought I would ask this here. Kirby or anyone else who might know. How much difference is there in the 130's from the 125's?

Srhaggerty,

I have actually not used the 125 ULD RBBT. I have used the 130 gr Bonded Core FB bullet though and they seem to work very well in a 1-10 twist in most cases. I have seen a couple where accuracy was not up to par.

If your talking about the ULD RBBT I would say that I would probably recommend to say with the 125 unless the only difference is that Richard increased the weight of the core by removing air space in the HP. If this is the case, they should perform the same as the 125 gr ULD RBBT in my opinion.

Like I said, I have only shot the 130 BCFBHPs and with those I was in the 3450-3650 fps range so I can not say for sure how they would perform 500-700 fps slower in velocity.

Kirby Allen(50)

srhaggerty,

I know when I asked Richard to help me find the largest, highest BC bullet my 25-06 could shoot he immediatly told me to use the 125uld. Mine is a 1-10 twist and he thought the 125 would probably be max.

Dont know if that helps you any but it is all I know

Good luck
Steve

Thanks, guys. That answers my question. And Kirby you where right on with what I was thinking. Is the 130 ULD RBBT just a core change or is it a jacket change. I will stick to the 125's for now.

Lerch, do you plan on using those 125's on any game this year. In particular big game?

we have a late season doe day with rifle and I wanting to shoot a doe straight down the chest so that I can definantly recover the bullet.
After that it is going to be open season on yotes.

take it easy
steve

Actually I will be hunting yotes next weekend, so I will post my results to let you know my experience. I totally forgot about that till now.

I shot my big whitetail this year with the 125g uld out of my 25-06. MV was 2950fps. I hit him at 440 yards a little farther back then I would have liked, but the bullet still exited and killed my 145 class buck. I also shot 2 coyotes on the deer hunt. The first was 100 yards running. I hit him far behind but still blew a nice baseball sized hole and he was dead. The 2nd yote was 600 yards and I hit him a little low the 1st shot. He was spinning and spinning and I had to hit him again. On this coyote, the expansion was not so great, but I did not hit any bone. I still killed 3 animals with those 125g ULD bullets. They worked just fine for me in my 25-06.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.