Water Buffalo?

Go big or go home! what you need is the .600 Overkill = 900gr solid at 2400fps - end of game for that Buff! (and maybe your shoulder):rolleyes:

If one time Build 338; if you plan more or africa get 416; I put 4 375 tsx into a cape buffalo last year, one through heart and one through both lungs and it still ran 130 or so yards and came up behind us. Water buffs aren't quite as dangerous or tough.

Go big or go home! what you need is the .600 Overkill = 900gr solid at 2400fps - end of game for that Buff! (and maybe your shoulder):rolleyes:

The lowly 375 H&H has been shooting "the big 5" dead for years on African plains but of course now you need a 20 mm cannon to do the same job.:rolleyes:
I have a Savage Brush Hunter in .375 Ruger and it has taken an elk for me so far with a Leupold 3-9x40mm Rifleman scope on top.
Excellent combination........fast pointing, cycling, reliable, light & deadly accurate.
The felt recoil was remarkably tolerable for a hard hitter like the 375 Ruger.

Finished up that Asiatic water buffalo hunt Easter Sunday. I ended up getting this guy and I think I am set for awhile in meat!!! It was a spot and stock hunt on a thousand plus acre ranch. This buffalo had a bad attitude and the rancher needed him gone. I got a little over a hundred yards when he noticed us and made some aggressive body language. The guide said shoot him before he starts headed this way. I put the crosshairs on his chest with a 300wsm pushing a 210vld bullet. He was still standing but wobbly. He was ready to fight after that. He looked away from us for a split second and I then put another round in his neck. Down he went!! I had a guy backing me up with a 458 lott but didn't need it. This was the first time I hunted something that wanted to put a hurt on me.
Thanks for all the input.
IMG_3313_zpsdc0dc8d9.jpg

IMG_3308_zpsdeb8160f.jpg

a 350 chevy engine is great but the fuel injection 350 is a bit better.. so the new Ruger 375 and416 is the old 375 and 416 rigby upgrades.. and = to the Remington 416 all on a 2.5" case. I am not sure but I belive that 75 gr of Reloader 15 with the 400 gr bullet in the 416 Ruger will yeild 2410 fps. and 5160 fps this will yeild more energy than the 458 win factory load. having said this the 458 is as good as it gets, but the ruger 416 will do the same.

I would think a 214 hammer or 199 hammer would make short work and put it down just fine out of your 30 cal

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.