warne two piece bases and rings

marlow 243

ive been using dovtail rings but i would like to try the weaver style .htey look pretty stout .just like to kmow if anybodyhas has had any exp.with them . thanks marlow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You can buy Warne Maximas style with and without the sidelevers, both are very reliable and strong. Also two piece steel Weaver style bases and very good sloped one piece Picatinny Tactical style bases from Warne. I have used Warnes for years, plus similar very good mounts from Talley and they work.

i have another quest. do you think i can get away with med. highth mounts with a 30 mm leupold 50mm obj.on a 700 action.trying to keep it as low as ***. thanks again marlow

Marlow243 ,
I have a 6.5 - 20 x 50 , 30mm tube on my 700 VSSF with medium height Maxima rings part #214 . About 4 - 5mm of barrel clearance . Could be a problem with a very heavy , straight taper barrel though . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

thanks very much for all your help. I have the varmit taper on my 7mm08 it should work thanks again . Marlow

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.