Warne Maxima quick-detach return to zero????

270yotekiller

I am planning on purchasing Warne Maxima quick-detach rings for my savage 270 with weaver bases, i was wondering if anyone had any experience on the quick detach models and their ability to return to zero??? I plan on using 2 scopes on my rifle (close range & long range) because well.. no real reason... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have had good luck with the Leupold quick realease ring with a VERY good return to zero. Ussually about .25 MOA differance. Ask yourself are you going to be shooting ground hogs at 1000 yards or deer at 600? Also the QRW's dont like lots of recoil as they tend to brake. If used on a 270, they ought to do OK.

I kinda figure there will be some "movement" in point of impact on the return to zero but im willing to take my chances, so long as the POI doesnt shift more than a few inches. I dont like how leupold rings look, they just ugly to me..lol

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.