• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Wanted: Light Weight Rifle

timberelk

Looking to stay under 6.75lbs in either 270 win, 6.5 Creed or 308. Feel free to PM me with what you have

HEY MAN CHECK OUT THE KIMBER MOUNTAIN ACSENTS RIFLES JUST FINISHED UP LOAD WORK ON A 6.5 CREED THIS THINGS SHOOTS TO BE A LIGHT FLUTED RIFLE

HEY MAN CHECK OUT THE KIMBER MOUNTAIN ACSENTS RIFLES JUST FINISHED UP LOAD WORK ON A 6.5 CREED THIS THINGS SHOOTS TO BE A LIGHT FLUTED RIFLE

I like the kimbers but I've herd they are either hit or miss... do you have one for sale?

I like the kimbers but I've herd they are either hit or miss... do you have one for sale?
NO SIR BUT I HAVE HAD SEVERAL IN MY SHOP AND THEY SHOOT ONLY PROBLEM I'VE HAD WITH THEM IS THE KIMBER SCOPE BASES WINDAGE SCREWS BREAKING OFF

Some of the older Kimbers may have had issues. I've had two late model ones, and they shot great. They come with MOA guarantees now.

I feel the main issue is that light guns are hard to shoot. My first Kimber improved my shooting. 308 Win, 6lbs with scope.... It exposed weaknesses in my shooting technique. I think a lot of people blame the guns and not the nut behind the trigger.

Some of the older Kimbers may have had issues. I've had two late model ones, and they shot great. They come with MOA guarantees now.

I feel the main issue is that light guns are hard to shoot. My first Kimber improved my shooting. 308 Win, 6lbs with scope.... It exposed weaknesses in my shooting technique. I think a lot of people blame the guns and not the nut behind the trigger.

I could certainly see how that could very well be true but then why do the tikkas lites get such good review and they are only 1/2 pound more than the kimber hunter?

I could certainly see how that could very well be true but then why do the tikkas lites get such good review and they are only 1/2 pound more than the kimber hunter?

It was just my experiences and opinion. I had two that would shoot.

I don't have experience with the Kimber Hunters. That is Kimbers new, cheaper model, with a plastic stock. The Montana/Mountain Ascent/Adirondack, has a much better stock.

I'd buy a Tikka before I bought a Kimber Hunter.

Tikka T3X Superlight
6.5 Creedmoor
(Sportsman's Warehouse Model) 5.9 lbs
Barrel break in and load dev only
Trigger Tuned to 1.5lbs
Load Dev. W/ 130 VLDs
Shoots 1/4" 2,754 FPS @
4,200 elv
25 rounds custom ammo inc.
$800 shipped

plus 1 for the kimber....i have a 308 kimber hunter cut down to 16" its right at 6 lbs with a 3x9 mark ar leupold...very accurate...great gun and buy in my opinion....i'll definitely be getting another

Tikka T3X Superlight
6.5 Creedmoor
(Sportsman's Warehouse Model) 5.9 lbs
Barrel break in and load dev only
Trigger Tuned to 1.5lbs
Load Dev. W/ 130 VLDs
Shoots 1/4" 2,754 FPS @
4,200 elv
25 rounds custom ammo inc.
$800 shipped

I appreciate the offer but new ones are $750. Thanks

Stay away from Kimbers. I bought an 84M used that wouldn't shoot under 4 inches or feed from the mag. Sent it back to Kimber and they said the receiver was "manufactured out of spec." They offered to sell me a new one at a discount. What a joke. Apparently Kimber only has a one-year warranty and its non-transferable. There are way too many good gun companies out there to waste your time and money on a company that will admit they screwed up the gun when manufacturing it then refuse to replace it. I'll never own a Kimber again.