Want a SUPER ACCURATE Varmint Rifle... RECOMENDATIONS PLEASE???

I'd have to say buy the remington, unless you like the 2stage feeling accutrigger, but buyin a rifle is like pickin a woman, know matter what name it has some will shoot and some will not!gun)

I don't know if you can find one, but the Browning A Bolt Varmint Stalker in 223 WSSM is the most accurate out of the box nothing done to it rifle I have ever seen (with handloads). I'm talking one ragged hole at 100 yds.

when the economy comes back up, and $ is a bit freer, i'm thinking i'll build one up.
get a Stevens action (not sure if 200 is the short action, but whatever #). remove the barrel, trigger and stock.
replace barrel with one from Brux
Trigger from timney or like
stock with a savage 10fp take off

then will get a picatinny base, bed it on the action, new rings and mount one of the scopes i have sitting around

You can build a killer rifle just like this for around $800. Lots of guys do this and are sub-MOA

best price
(i've found) on the action is here
GunsAmerica - Model 200 223 Remington NIB - Stevens Rifles - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts