Walk About

WV Hitman

Grass is getting high in WV. Groundhogs are getting tougher to see. I've been very lucky hunting some fairly high grass fields close to my vehicle using my BogPod & PSR. I've gotten pretty good at picking them out of the tall grass from 100-300 yards. I've been a little reluctant to do a lot of walking due to a total knee replacement 4 months ago. I can walk fairly good on pavement & my yard, but haven't tried long walks in uneven fields. Well, I was forced to do that yesterday. Couldn't get my Explorer close to the field. So it was walk or go home.
Put on my Ruger SuperRedhawk .454 & got my BogPod ready. I walked slowly & carefully around the edges of the field & then thru the interior parts. Ended up seeing 3 'hogs, just parts of their heads.
DSC01617.JPG
Used the BogPod-PSR to do one at 90 yards. Got the other 2 offhand at 68 & 56 yards. Very satisfying. This Ruger is a little particular what it shoot. It truly loves 300 gr. NPTs and 265 gr. Swift A-Frames. Everything else looks like shotgun patterns. Go figure. Got 8 PTs left, but a decent amount of A-Frames.
I felt much better about my knee after this fairly long walk. Going to another field today to do the same. Going to ID in 3 weeks. Rockchucks beware! Groundhog total this year- 161. 100% handguns, of couse.

I have the exact same pistol and I certainly can't hit those targets that far!!!! Good work!!!