WA: 4 billionaires outspent poor gun owners 16:1

This week's mid-term 2014 election was a historic win for us pro-gun folks all across America, (except of course for Washington state).
Republicans/conservatives/gun owners now own the Senate and the House, and many state Governorships, so we will be gaining new ground soon in our fight for our future 2nd Amendment freedoms.
We now have great pro-gun leaders including Greg Abbot, the newly elected pro-gun Governor of Texas, and Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, potential 2016 Republican Presidential candidate, and many others leading the charge.
In this election, the liberal Democrats in many state campaigns, far out-spent Republicans, but the Republicans won. Alabama for example, actually voted in a new pro-gun amendment to their state's constitution, which protects their state's hunting rights.
Yes, the billionaires have and will continue to out-spend us in the fight for our gun freedoms. But we can and will win. We will not back down. The NRA and other partner 2nd Amendment groups must work smarter, harder, using the law on their side. They must mold new strategies, using the court system, and also, win over the American people in support of our U.S. Constitution and our 2nd Amendment, as supreme law of the land for future generations. The anti's are trying their best to wear us down and make us discouraged.
We will lose some battles along the way, but we will win in the long-term. gun)

Take a careful look at this link as it will outline many of the issues with the Washington State Initiative 594. It is going to be an absolute mess and suits should be filed against it immediately.

Don't think for a second that you are safe from something like this in your state. The folks behind this initiative in Washington have stated they are going to do their best to spread this 'gospel' around the nation and they are funded, as mentioned above, by several very rich billionaires.

https://washingtonarmscollectors.org/reference/myths-initiative-594/

It's really funny how the elitist billionaires get involved in these kinda issues. You've kinda got too ask yourself why? The sheeple that follow them I can understand their reasoning, they don't know any better, they've lived most their lives under the liberal buffoonery and lies when it comes to safety and the 2nd Amendment.

However; the "mega rich".. Not the rich'.., just the mega rich'…, as you look at then'.., an as I look at them what I see is a group of people that have a security bubble around them and their family's 24/7 the best money can buy, former top tier operators, well armed and well paid to handle any problem that might come their way. Their security detail would make the White House envious.
So'.., why do they care if I buy my neighbors gun, or that I like to hunt or target shoot, they really don't; anymore then they really care about crime and whether criminals get guns. Well then; do they really think these types of laws can stop criminals from getting firearms? Who know; if they "do".. they need to get out more.

So what are they really afraid of? I think it's you and me. These people control the biggest part of the economy and the Government, their directly responsible for a whole lot of what happens in the Nation, both "good" and "bad". Their afraid someday the people will come for them, and if the people are well armed their security details may not be able to take care of the problem. So they, like many other elitist over the time of man kind try and compensate by making laws that make law abiding people criminals and at the same time restrict and track firearms for future information.

If you look at Washington State Initiative 594 it's clear that it's not going to work nor does the State have the money to fund it. How you going to track or dispute something that you don't even know the person has. So the next step is full registration and tracking becomes easy. While at the same time, "it" the State will start a fee(s) and tax(s) probably on sales and possession, that makes it a whole lot easier to put a face to the firearm. Of course it does nothing to keep guns out of the hand of criminal and crazy's.

That's what the mega rich really want, and those liberal sheeple most likely will give it to them in Washington State. As long as they have their weed life is good.

Just my thoughts..

While the general election did in fact definitely shift toward a more gun-accepting political party, don't forget that they will in fact do whatever it takes to make money and be elected.

One reason that Romney lost is because he really doesn't give a hoot about gun ownership rights, and frankly, Bush did little more than lip service. I would not count on Romney to stand in the way of a push against gun rights. He is more like Bloomberg that you might think.

While I didn't necessarily agree with some of Cheney's programs, he was in fact very actively pro-gun rights.

The last republican president that actually gave a rat about gun ownership rights was - Nixon.

Take a careful look at this link as it will outline many of the issues with the Washington State Initiative 594. It is going to be an absolute mess and suits should be filed against it immediately.
Don't think for a second that you are safe from something like this in your state. The folks behind this initiative in Washington have stated they are going to do their best to spread this 'gospel' around the nation and they are funded, as mentioned above, by several very rich billionaires.
https://washingtonarmscollectors.org/reference/myths-initiative-594/

I missed this thread first time through. I've been trying to sort out how 594 effects me.
My upfront concern is what does it signal for youth firearms training. Spoke with a hunter ed instructor, his concerns regarding the transfer definition, "may make archery the only way a minor can hunt". Minors not being legally able to own firearms. I've got a couple of minors that I take shooting, and my limited current understanding is, the definition of "Firearm Transfer" is sufficiently vague it could be construed, and applied to taking your kids to the range.

The link did not work at this time, but I think I've read their take on it. Anybody in a position to have an informed idea how this plays out?

I just came from DJs, a first class operation, and the customers there were trying to ask or figure out what the effects of the law on gun transaction.

Someone said they asked the police, and they know nothing.

I think it's coming down to nobody is sure what "transfer" means, we're almost back to asking what does "is" mean.

I've been told the only way to know is watch, and see what gets enforced. Especially in the context of minors. Probably true, but I certainly don't want to compromise my self, I especially don't want a 10 year old implicated in a felony.

I'm hoping that vagueness can be used to have it overturned.

I'd like to say this is more west side nonsense, but apparently support was pretty wide spread.

Agree with 436 100%. It's all about control.
Blomberg & his minions have been busy here in Nevada. They supposedly gathered enough signatures to put gun control/background checks on the 2016 ballot. Funny, they also got enough signatures to put legalizing marijuana on the ballot as well.

Get the word out. Take a friend shooting.

Sad that people are willing to vote away freedoms that they think don't affect them.

Agree with 436 100%. It's all about control.
Blomberg & his minions have been busy here in Nevada. They supposedly gathered enough signatures to put gun control/background checks on the 2016 ballot. Funny, they also got enough signatures to put legalizing marijuana on the ballot as well.

Get the word out. Take a friend shooting.

Sad that people are willing to vote away freedoms that they think don't affect them.

Yep... if you want anti gun, sheeple or just plain morons to turn out and vote, offer them a carrot like weed as well. Bloomber is one of those creepy little people that want to get pay back for being beat up in the school yard. He's all about crazy ideas and pushing "his" abstract mentally self-serving agenda's.
He's a text book example of why first cousins shouldn't marry, not to mention the obsessions & compulsions he has. But the truth is... "it's power" and "pay back" for not excepting his nutty ideas.

Cheer's

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.