VX-3 Question

sharpshooterbr

Does anybody know if the short finger-adjustable knobs on a Leupold VX-3 LR can be removed and a tall target turret knob added? I know I can send the scope into the Leupold Custom Shop, and for $60 they can convert it to the tall turret. I just thought if it was something I could do myself I'd just save the money.

Hi all,

I got told today that I could do the same thing with the Stoney Point turrets, and save the hassle of going back to leupold. The guy who told me swears you can do this, as I thought it had to go back to leu as well ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's weird, because I called and talked to a Tech at Leupold yesterday, and he told me on the Vari-X III you could use a Stoney Point, but not on the VX-III. He said the small plastic finger-adjustable knob could be removed, but even if you took it off, the stoney point still won't work. He said the only way to get a target turret is to send it in and pay $65 for the conversion, plus $15 for return shipping.

I talked to a tech. at Stoney Point yesterday about this same thing. He said their knobs could not be put on newer VX-III but would work fine on the older Vari-X III.
FYI..........I also talked to Kenton Ind. about their knobs and got the same answer.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts