VX-3 6.5-20x50 zero stop alternative?

Sandstrom22

I have a Vx-3 6.5-20x50 with target turrets and a duplex reticle that I picked up last year, that I really admire. The scope has true adjustments back to zero and really shoots amazing to my standard and use for hunting. The only thing I dislike about this scope is the fact that I have no zero stop!? I can remember that the second line up is my zero on the turret but we all know what can happen when we get rushed in the field or if I let someone I trust use my gun that maybe forgets about it or have troubles with ect... I've seen the M1 conversion for a zero stop through Peterson on YouTube for a mark 4 and the other mark scope lineups. But was wondering if one of you leupold gurus knew a trick or different conversion for a target turret that's not going to have to go to a custom scope guy and break the bank. And I don't want a CDS system that only goes 1 revolution that limits you to 15 MOA. Any help is appreciated

I had Kenton cut a turret for my vx-3 and it has a set screw tapped into the top of it and when you have your zero set just run the set screw down to limit its travel. It works fairly good as long as you don't twist to hard on it

Call Leupold, a $10 shim kit on an M1 gives you a zero stop.

On the same note, I did this on my 6.5-20 and somehow lost adjustment in my turrets at about 990 yds, I still have 6 moa to go but to no effect. I did it on a Mk4 and it works well.

So it will go back to Leupold, if I can ever get better than 20-30 in their Que for customer "service", for a return authorization.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.