Vow to not spend money on firearms for a while...

I bet if we won a lottery, we would still never have all the guns we would want. It is due to certain influences of places and people like here. :D

It's a good thing our wives don't choose our friends but it would probably be cheaper.

I got hooked on .17 rifles, thanks to guys like you. LOL!

I understand, i have a hard time paying mavis 800 bucks for a set of tires , but will drop a grand on a cool rifle in a heartbeat. ( and drive on bald tires) this i do not reccomend .Well its better than spending it on booze, broads and drugs. At least you have something other than a hangover and a std.

Yesterday I came across a nice pre-64, Model 70, .375 H&H that nearly ended my absence from the market.

Scopes, and good bino/rangefinders may be my downfall.

I understand, i have a hard time paying mavis 800 bucks for a set of tires , but will drop a grand on a cool rifle in a heartbeat. ( and drive on bald tires) this i do not reccomend .Well its better than spending it on booze, broads and drugs. At least you have something other than a hangover and a std.

You know the old saying... "I spent all my money on guns, booze, and women...The rest I wasted..." :cool:

I've had a custom Mauser for 30+ years. Brown Precision stock, Canjar trigger, Match Grade Douglas stainless barrel, 3 position Model 70 safety, superbly accurate, and functional. I don't really shoot it anymore.

I have zero need for another .375 H&H-but it's not a Model 70.

Mostly it's worn lower powered variables, but right now it's wearing a Mark 4 3.5-10X.

The things we covet without reason! LOL!

:D Yeah on that, Oldschool! At my age, it's easier to pass on the vices and add another rifle to the safe.

Same here for tires. I remember during younger years keeping thin tires and buying must need guns and fishing gear. Cheap tire plugs are from Heaven. ;)

Is much easier now days. I have good tires and can afford more guns but old body is wearing out. :rolleyes:

dang it, now I need another rifle... no .17's in my basement.....

Odd enough the next rifle I actually "planned" to purchase is a CZ 527 chambered in 17 Hornet. Similar trajectory as a 223 but only uses about 9ish grains of powder. That would make that pound of powder last a long time aeh?

Odd enough the next rifle I actually "planned" to purchase is a CZ 527 chambered in 17 Hornet. Similar trajectory as a 223 but only uses about 9ish grains of powder. That would make that pound of powder last a long time aeh?
:D That sounds like a good enough reason right there!

We shooters/hunters can justify our gun buys, as we are actually advancing our gear and skills. It's not just collecting, it is stepping up. There is nothing wrong with collecting but is beyond most of we working class folks.

I am a part time custom knife maker of mostly fixed blade hunting knives. I have been in the trade for many years and the business has been very good to me. Some of my knives go into collections but I much prefer to see the knives get used for their intended purpose. Overall, collectors do very much for the business.I am attempting to retire from the making.

Most of us started young with .22 rimfire rifles but along comes so many really big steps up like .17 rimfire rifles and new center fires. Most non shooting wives are beyond understanding our reasoning, yes?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts