Votes: 27 9.6%
  • 6.5mm/.264

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • 7mm/.284

Votes: 74 26.3%
  • 30 cal.

Votes: 78 27.8%

• Total voters
Yep! Same here. Folks ask me why I have so many different guns... The answer is mainly because I just like collecting guns and having a large diversity of rifles and cartridges to shoot and load for, but also because it gives me a wide selection to hunt with given specific game, distances, & terrain demands.
^^^^^ this
That is one of many reasons why our U.S. special forces are the best in the world, they have no limits to what they need for the job.

270 Win is my preference but not on your list. Also have used 300 Win Mag from time to time....not much anymore.

I started hunting deer in 72 with a .243 at 10yr's old. By fifteen I was shooting a 7mm RM.

Jumped on the 7mm STW bandwagon about twenty years later circa 92.

Shot the 25-06 for about 5 years in there as well.

Five years back or so I started shooting the 6.5 in .260 Rem. I continue to be amazed at the .260 for everything from small deer to big hogs.

With the right bullet you just don't need anything more.

When you start throwing in things like ranges beyond 1,000 yards or bigger game the equation changes but for 99% of deer hunting the .260 is as close to perfection as you're going to get.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.