Vortex Viper HS vs SII Big Sky

oetken

I have a Tikka T3 chambered in 7mm RM that I want to be able to shoot out to 600 or 700 yards and finally have it narrowed down to a couple scopes.

The scopes I am looking at are:
Sightron SII Big Sky Side Focus 4.5-14x44 with a mildot reticle
Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50LR or 4-16x44LR with their Dead Hold BDC reticle

I have not had the opportunity to look through either scope, but after reading reviews, forums, etc, I am still debating which one to get. I get get either scope for around the $460 mark so the price difference does not concern me. If you have used either or both scopes, what are the pros and cons or if you have another good scope for around the $500 dollar mark.

Thanks in advance.

I have almost the same gun but a 270 wsm. I just got the Viper HS 4 x 16 x 44. I am hoping to get the distance you are wanting and be comfortable shooting this range. I cant decide to turret it or just use the moa. Or trade for the LR version. I will have to watch your post to see comments. I think the Vortex Product is a super product and cant wait to hunt with. I would say Vortex all the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.