Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50mm?

mitch260

I am looking at purchasing one of these scopes in the near future. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with one, the main thing I want to know is if their adjustments are true. I know you are probably going to tell me to just get a Nightforce but I am operating on a pretty low budget. Thanks in advance.

I have one on my .260. Works well for what I use it for. Seems to track well and the glass is more then adequate.

I had one, tracked great for me. my only complaint about that scope is the short eye relief. I really like the HS and PST scopes tho. I own multiples of both and they have a much better eye relief.

Thanks for the input. I have been using a much cheaper scope that works, but the adjustments are 91.5% of true MOA so it makes dial up a distance a pain. The main thing I am looking for is a reasonably priced scope that has decent glass and its adjustments are true MOA.

Used a HSLR 4-16 all elk season and it work as it should. Even dropped it one icy morning and it landed right on the elevation turret. Worried about that all day but it was dead nuts out to 800 yards when I checked it here at the ranch that night. So I think they are a very good choice at their price point.

I have one on my browning 7mm rem mag, and one on my .243, And a friend with one on his 300 wsm and his 257 weatherby. I think they are an excellent scope for the price. Seem to be true on adjustments and glass is great for the price point with a warenty program thats is very hard to beat.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.