Vortex scopes

big mike 2121

Ok guys,

Dilemma here. Im getting a remmy 5r in .308. was gonna put a swarovski z6i 2.5x15x56 with illum. ballistic reticle. But due to finances, i am considering either a vortex razor 5x20x50, or a PST 4x16x50. I need to get my total price down to around 3 g's or so. how much difference in glass quality between these 2 scopes? price diff of about $1000.

Last edited:
I've been playing around with my Vortex PST 6-24x50. first focal plane is really nice. Seems to repeat really well and the optics are very good.
I don't think you would be sorry with a Vortex PST.

I just got my Razor HD EBR-1 in the mail and I love it so far. The glass is amazing, and the scope is a beast (in a good way). I don't think I could destroy this thing if I tried. I also had a viper on my 7rm and was pleased with it too. The Razor is definitely a step up in all around quality and performance, but I think you'd be happy either way. I don't have any personal experience with the others listed, so I can't give my honest opinion on those.

Good Luck,
Scott

Attachments

• 300 Ultra.jpg
    300 Ultra.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 300 Ultra2.jpg
    300 Ultra2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 77
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.