Vortex PST

No Problem

Looking at the Vortex Pst to put on a hunting gun. Right now looking at 600 - 700 hundred yard gun.

Just checking what people's opinion is on these scope. I'm using turrets for correction right now.

I think it is a great value. I enjoy mine. It is on my savage 260rem. Ive only shot out to 750 with it so far.

Great to hear.
My other question is how does it track out to 750 yards?
Also would you recommend 4-16 or 6-24?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
I have a 6-24x for reference. I shot back and forth between 450 and 750 without any tracking issues. I was ringing 750 66% ispc steel target on 12x power so I think either a 16x or a 24x would do the job.

Thanks for the post.
Was thinking of the 4-16 for hunting but for the 50 dollars difference between the two. I thought I would check of your opinion.
Thank again for your input

I have a 2.5x10 on a 300wm Tikka/Tac and regularly bang steel to 1100+ yards with it, 600 rounds on it so far with no issues.

I have three Gen 1 PSTs in 4-16 and 6-24 and three Gen 2 PSTs, in 3-15 and 5-25. All are FFP MOA, track well, and I have had no problems with any of them. I really like their lighted Christmas tree style reticles. Gen 2 scopes have the larger diameter turrents with more adjustment per rotation, but my old eyes don't see significant optical differences between them. YMMV, of course.

Have a 6-24 Gen 1 on a 300 RUM. Has been on the rifle for a few years and probably has 600 + rounds. It tracks perfectly. Have run a tall target test on it to 24 MOA and the tracking is precise. Took an elk at 512 yards with it last season.
Have a 4-16 Gen II on a 300 WSM. Same story, tracks perfectly. I too think they are a good deal.

Last edited:
I have 2 pst gen 2's that I shoot a lot out to 1k. Never had an issue with tracking so far. I try to make them foul up but have yet to have a failure. For instance both rifles are 23.5 to 24 minutes to 1k. I will shoot at 1k then dial to 200yrds then 600 or 800 then back to 1k dialing every shot for elevation. I have confidence in both of mine and have 2 friends I shoot with that do the same thing with the same results. For 750 dollars I have not found anything comparable. With good light I cannot tell a difference between the PST's and my Razor AMG. Now the Gen 2 Razor and My March I can tell a difference under any conditions but at a higher cost also.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.