Vortex PST vs HS-T

I've had both. I sold the hst. It has less refined elevation adjustments (1/2 vs 1/4 minute) and the reticle is too spread out for me.

No zero stop on the HST... to me it would be worth the extra 100 dollars for the zero stop. I have the zero stop on my HSLR and it works great.

I've used the PST and looked through a couple of HS-Ts. The only difference I know of is the reticle. PST you get an illuminated reticle with hash marks that are numbered. HS-T has no illumination and no numbers. The HS LR scopes are the ones with 1/2 moa elevation clicks. Those have their own reticles and capped windage turrets.

Well there you have it the HST has the zero stop. On the web site I didn't see where it said it had it But if it does then the HST 6-24 will be my next buy also. I would think the glass in the HSLR and the HST are about the same. My HSLR had plenty of low light gathering ability enough to get me into trouble shooting past legal shooting hour. :D

I've used the PST and looked through a couple of HS-Ts. The only difference I know of is the reticle. PST you get an illuminated reticle with hash marks that are numbered. HS-T has no illumination and no numbers. The HS LR scopes are the ones with 1/2 moa elevation clicks. Those have their own reticles and capped windage turrets.

Ah you are right. It doesn't make sense to me to make a long range scope have a less refined elevation adjustment. The difference of 1/4 moa is big at distance.

I have a Vortex 4-16x44 HS-T and it is by far my favorite scope I own or have dealt with. The HS-T has 1/4 inch adjustments, I think you have the HS-T and HS Long Range confused. The HS-T is not much different than the PST. The only differences I noticed were the reticle, illuminated capabilities of the PST, and the price. When I bought my first Vortex, which is my HS-T, I researched and looked over handfuls of other scopes but none of them had what I was looking for quite like the HS-T did. I love the crisp and solid clicks in the HS-T, the clarity of the glass, and it all around usefulness. Besides, you just can't beat Vortex's amazing warranty! The HS-T also includes a zero stop if you want to use it. You have to remove the turret then install these washer like things. I didn't do it because the HS-T tells you which revolution you are on in the turret, and just didn't believe I needed it.

Riley showed me this clever hiccup as well. The 6x24x50 hst moa hashes are ONLY accurate to 18x. Read the last line, last paragraph.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 244
I have both in 4-16. The biggest differences are no illumination on the HS-T and the HS-T has a wire reticle instead of an etched reticle like the PST has. Also, the HS-T is a 44mm objective vs. 50mm on the PST. Probably won't buy anymore PST's as the HS-T functions just as well and I've yet to need the illumination.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.