Vortex, Huskemaw, Zeiss, or ??

The blue diamond had a upgrade lens coating, 8 moa windage and then they used a really heavy duty bedding compound the was not used in the originals for holding the glass into place.

Thanks for the input. I'll have to check out the Sightron. Greyfox, is the glass on the blue diamond noticeably better than the original? Is there any other differences besides the 4moa wind holds and the 8? Thank you

Hard for me to see a major difference in the glass, perhaps slightly brighter. Besides the reticle, the major claim is the more rugged construction with bonded lenses. I think one of the unspoken benefits of the Scope is the exactness of the parrelax dial scale. This is a big plus for set time. IMHO.

i have a Zeiss 4.5-14 with the rapid z 800, and after getting all the info in the calculator on zeiss, and checking my drops out to 3ooyrds it was right on. havent had time to shoot longer yet to much mud. no the reticle is a little to thick for me also. might be looking for a vortex . i dont think they are going to offer the varmit at ziess. i called to see and the new HD5 scopes dont offer it
clem
This right here says they offer the HD5 in a Varmint reticle....

Zeiss Conquest HD5 Rifle Scope 5-25x 50mm Side Focus Rapid-Z Varmint

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.