VLD180 (7mm) Berger vs hornady.

Max Heat

I haven't shot either, as of yet. But I know that the horns have the higher BC, at .684. So I'm wondering why everybody is so hip on the bergs. The reason has GOT to be that the bergs are considered to be the more accurate. Is this correct?

Where you getting your info? As far as I've seen, Hornady doesn't even have a 180 grain 7mm bullet, and their 162 AMax is their highest bc bullet for that caliber and it checks out at .625

The 162 A-max is Hornady's highest BC bullet. I use it in my 7mag and my best group so for is 6" @ 1098 yds. That's tight enough for me! I think you will like it.

Alright, it looks like I made a mistake. I know their a-max 162 speaks for itself at .624, but I thought THEY also made the .684 BC VLD180 match (king, or something?) bullet. But being that I just looked on their site and it isn't there, it HAS to be the Berger. So I do stand corrected on that. I haven't fired either one, as of yet, but I plan on running the a-maxes if/when I go 1K. 6" DOES impress me! What barrel did you use when you shot that group?

Sierra Matchking perhaps?

Technical Information
Caliber: 284, 7mm
Bullet Diameter: 0.284
Bullet Weight: 180 Grains
Bullet Style: MatchKing Hollow Point Boat Tail
Bullet Coating: Non-Coated

Ballistics Information
Sectional Density: 0.319
Ballistic Coefficient: 0.660

edge.

Yea, the match king IS sierra. That WASN'T what I was thinking. It MUST be the bergers, if THEY are the ones that have the .684 BC. I thought hornady made those, as well as the .624 BC a-max162's. But I was mistaken.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.