Vista Outdoors for sale

I sure hope that there are stipulations in the sale that they must meet government and private contract requirements as long as they are stationed here in US.

So we have massive consolidation over the last decade... and now purchasing from a company outside the US. I don't see how any of this could possibly benefit The American Sportsman shooter or second amendment advocate.

The bigger question is how did all of our companies that used to supply us become a monolith, and then go offshore.

I hope I'm wrong but I doudt its good news.
All the U.S. company's are getting swallowed up by foreign ones.
I hope we're both wrong.
Hodgen is part of the Vista deal. Vista owns the majority of powder manufactures.
I thought Hodgdon was owned by Vista but they are n't listed under Vista's website. And I find nothing so far that states Vista owns Hodgdons.

I think the Hodgdon line is only brand owned, not the actual manufacturer of it. Just rebranded for Hodgdon that's produced in other countries. Kinda like 296 and 110 are.

I hope we're both wrong.

I thought Hodgdon was owned by Vista but they are n't listed under Vista's website. And I find nothing so far that states Vista owns Hodgdons.
i was under the same assumption about Hodgen. maybe i was wrong and hope so because Hodgen owns winchester, accurate, ramshot, and imr. that could be trouble

I think the Hodgdon line is only brand owned, not the actual manufacturer of it. Just rebranded for Hodgdon that's produced in other countries. Kinda like 296 and 110 are.
They are the largest powder distribute in the US and owns Ramshot, Accurate, IMR and has an agreement to distribute Winchester powders. I agree with can1010 and hope that Hodgdon isn't owned by Vista and isn't part of the sale.

Having a mall is great, but 1 owner is not a good idea and shouldn't be allowed as it IS a monopoly!

Agreed.

It's a little worrying to me that even though I'm On the Sunny Side of 40, in my shooting career dozens of companies have become one, and now foreign. It's so odd that the majority of our unique 2nd ammendment birth right is controlled by a foreign company. It was a little bit terrifying when it was a monolith domestically controlled, more so now.

I really do want to know how we wind our way out of this, who is making American owned and operated primers and powder? How do I buy them, and how can I invest in other companies that are competent enough to try and bring those products to Market?

i was under the same assumption about Hodgen. maybe i was wrong and hope so because Hodgen owns winchester, accurate, ramshot, and imr. that could be trouble
I've been saying this for awhile, Vista has owned the majority of primers and Hodgdon the powders, only exception is Viht and RL.
I remember when Viht powders were about always 10.00 more a pound and harder to get but its not anymore.
I find myself using more Viht powders these days.

Sadly, just "another" sign of the dying of the once great USA.

Understand that sentiment completely, but it's not dead until all the good people are.

My job the last few years in the off season has been sourcing and locating parts for boat owners and boat yards, as well as doing repairs myself. It's afforded me some fun opportunities to travel and interface with many more people than I was accustomed to when just fishing. Always one to mix business with fun, everywhere I travel we stop at some gun industry places.

Quite frankly there are lots off innovative and amazing hard working people making all manner of amazing products. Look at the shear volume of production in boise, or Columbia falls.

We have had significant advancement in brass and bullet construction domestically. Overnight or at least in the last decade hundreds of local or at least Regional Firearms Manufacturing sprung up. Now we just got to find someone willing to put in the effort to do primers and domestic powder. But it's gonna take investment and customers, I'm in on both if someone has quality suggestions.