New offer for Vista Outdoors

This is from 11/23/2023:

PRAGUE, Nov 23 (Reuters) - Czech gunmaker Colt CZ Group (CZG.PR) has made a cash-and-stock merger offer to Vista Outdoor (VSTO.N), valuing the U.S. sporting and outdoor goods group's shares at a 16% premium.

To my knowledge nothing was finalized yet but I may be mistaken on that. If not this is an interesting development IMO because I would think this would be a better acquisition than the previous one. Will have to see how it plays out.

If this were to fly it would hopefully put an end to the buy it and kill it program that Vista had in place. They bought and destroyed plenty.

If this were to fly it would hopefully put an end to the buy it and kill it program that Vista had in place. They bought and destroyed plenty.
Any investment group like Vista uses the same model. Buy a cow for $100 that constantly puts out 10gal a day for the last five years, milk her dry every day without feed or water making pure profit. When she is down to 2 gallon a day sell her off for original price before she falls over dead. Lots of examples...Cabelas being just another.

Any investment group like Vista uses the same model. Buy a cow for $100 that constantly puts out 10gal a day for the last five years, milk her dry every day without feed or water making pure profit. When she is down to 2 gallon a day sell her off for original price before she falls over dead. Lots of examples...Cabelas being just another.
You are right. I just hate seeing the good smaller companies eaten up in the process. But they make them offers they can't pass up. Primos, Millet, Blackhawk, and the list goes on. Worked for Vista a couple of years at Bushnell. Not a pleasant experience but I was never one to bite my tongue for long. I could buy at cost though, I assume that was intended to keep my mouth shut. :)

For those that don't know the original company slated to buy part of Vista had heavy ties to defense related companies and I would suspect a lot of that stuff would be going to overseas military production but that's purely speculation based of what I read about the company.