Video-BOW BLOWS UP

Your draw length is too long and you can't handle the weight of the draw

Saw enough of that when I worked on and sold bows, I wouldn't have let you out the store with that mess.

I also would've told you to back it down had I been a friend and around you, you ain't any more of a man missing at 70lbs than hitting with 60lbs.

Anyways, did your jacket arm get destroyed too?

Your draw length is too long and you can't handle the weight of the draw

Saw enough of that when I worked on and sold bows, I wouldn't have let you out the store with that mess.

I also would've told you to back it down had I been a friend and around you, you ain't any more of a man missing at 70lbs than hitting with 60lbs.

Anyways, did your jacket arm get destroyed too?

Yea I was struggling and when I was pulling I had the thought of "what the eff is going on" they think maybe the bearings had something wrong with them. Not sure.

I hadn't had a problem all year with the draw weight or length. Not sure if the complete downpour had something to do with it or not. Maybe grip was slipping?

No the jacket was fine luckily. The arm on the other hand wasn't. I shoot multiple 3D events during the summer and spring. Never have hit my arm in all the years I've been bow hunting. It still baffles me why it was so close to the string path. Maybe buck fever made me forget my mechanics?

Not at all going to push any blame on anyone. I feel bad you had it happen and am grateful you were not injured nor wounded an animal. Keep at it and good times will be in your future.

Man that's a bummer, sorry that happened. I had a friend have an arrow blow up into his arm so stuff can happen with bows. My bow is older now and I am getting more hesitant to shoot it because of that. Good luck next go around my man

What weight was the bow set at?
I think you had something like a small limb stuck in there somewhere...crawling thru that brush..things happen....
But watching your video a second time......there was a small tree limb in contact with your upper cam when you shot....could easily been stuck thru the cam and did what it did.........coukd have been worse....got lucky....
Great video....

What weight was the bow set at?
I think you had something like a small limb stuck in there somewhere...crawling thru that brush..things happen....
But watching your video a second time......there was a small tree limb in contact with your upper cam when you shot....could easily been stuck thru the cam and did what it did.........coukd have been worse....got lucky....
Great video....
Thank you! We did see that, I can't tell if it was all the way through or barely.

It's set at 72lbs but I pull it back normally all year. Pro shop watched the video and think the bearings went bad or rusted somehow.

Terrible situation and I'm definitely lucky as all any. I had 3 layers on since it was a freezing rain and I'm lucky so, I had a massive hematoma afterwards. If I wouldn't of had it I'm almost certain I would've sliced my forearm open.

Man that's a bummer, sorry that happened. I had a friend have an arrow blow up into his arm so stuff can happen with bows. My bow is older now and I am getting more hesitant to shoot it because of that. Good luck next go around my man
Hey I appreciate it man. Crappy ordeal but a learning experience for sure.

Not at all going to push any blame on anyone. I feel bad you had it happen and am grateful you were not injured nor wounded an animal. Keep at it and good times will be in your future.
I appreciate it! And thank you. I'm definitely lucky I had 3 layers of clothing on. Almost certain it would've ended differently if I had one layer.

Yeah...even a slight hit to the forearm leaves a nice spot thru a thin shirt....
Freezing rain??bushing in cams froze up...
Proshop say whether the bushing in each cam were damaged? Or the cams themselves....

Yeah...even a slight hit to the forearm leaves a nice spot thru a thin shirt....
Freezing rain??bushing in cams froze up...
Proshop say whether the bushing in each cam were damaged? Or the cams themselves....
That's it. Bushings lol I know how to shoot (kinda lol) and that's about it with a bow.

Yea I had to replace both cams

Recent Posts