very impressed with 243 berger 95grns

crowsnest2002

Just wanted to post that using 95 grain berger vlds out of my 243 is quite devastating. I havent had an opportunity for long range hits yet, but all short range of 100-200 yards have been quite devastating. Most have produced baseball sized exit holes on groundhogs. Very pleased with the results.
345fsbc.jpg

Finally said overtime can wait this last weekend. Went to the range and tried out my load at 400yrds. 2 3/4" group at 400 yards. Probably could do better, but its always a start. Love these 95grn bergers by the way. I recommend them to anyone if they can find the sweet spot.

Im shootin the hsm loaded 168 grain bergers outa my 300 wsm, i found the sweet spot for them finally...under 80*.... weve got a bad coon problem around the family farm so i took my wsm with me fishin....think it mighta been over kill....

ForumRunner_20120820_202331.png

Very explosive at 150 yards....

Yah the catfish went nuts over the gut spray on the water so i dumped the rest in after i took the pic....compleatly gutted it, no innerds anywhere....

Just getting started with them myself. Seems they really don't do any better (Sierra Ballastics) till after 550 yards or so. Beyond 600 , they begin to shine. I using a Rem. 700 Varmint, 26" Bbl .243 all stock. I've got my scope set for 70 gr Nosler. lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.