Velocity

Brownsfan

How much velocity can I expect to gain once a barrel is broken in, or will that not impact a rounds velocity?

Will a round fired from an annealed twice fired piece of brass have a different velocity than a round fired from a once fired piece of brass (All else being equal)...and if so what would the expected difference be?

thanks for your thoughts!

I currently have 1 barrel that gained 100fps while its not the norm.
When I first started shooting it wouldn't go faster than 3,000fps no matter what powder or combo, I was just about to chalk it up to a tomato stake then my last session out it just started shooting the fps it should typically ive seen mine increase 30- 60fps.
As far as annealing i havent seen the velocity difference annealed vrs annealed but to be honest I've never scientifically tested it.

I have had a barrel pick up around 120fps after 150 rounds or so (it was a benchmark). Other are around 50-75fps.
I havent noticed anything about brass causing velocity changes based on times fired. I do have a batch of brass that has a mix of 2x to 10x fired and I anneal it all after every firing still can maintain close to single digit es with it.i dont weight sort my brass either If a brass gives a spread I will mark it on the case head or with a sharpie, load it again with the batch and see if it throws a velocity spread again if it does I toss it.