Velocity adjustment with sig kilo

808mike

I'm helping my cousin with his Gunworks 7lrm rifle using a Sig kilo 2400 and the Gunworks G7. After putting all the inputs in at 340 yards the range finder is telling us to dial 2.5 Moa but we need to dial in 3.5 Moa. At 540 yards rangefinders are telling us to dial in 7 Moa but we need to dail 8 moa. Even shooter app agress with range finders.
So at 340 and 540 we are off 1 moa. Is this normal and you adjust velocity to correct?
Velocity verified with lab radar with single digit ES.

Are you sure you have the correct zero distance entered for the rifle profile in the app for the Sig Kilo 2400.

be sure of your zero . there is a place in the app to input something like X high at xxx yards .

when you shoot through your chrony , be ready to input that velocity right there . don't bring your info home and do it at the kitchen table . the range finder needs to be in the conditions that the velocity average was gathered at .

My 2400 has been pretty much spot on for multiple rifles with multiple different loads. I would double check all your inputs along with bullet BC settings. I've been using the AB verified bc's when available. Make sure you don't have a scope offset in there by accident

Thanks i really appreciate the help guys! Im going to shoot on Thursday a I'll double check all of the inputs..

Does the "corrected" velocity for the drop at 540 yds agree with the velocity on the app? Do both or one velocity agree with the chronograph? Make sure the app didn't default to a 100 yard zero. Is the scope height correct.....other than that, do a tall target test and see if the scope is doing what you tell it to....It almost has to be a input error on the app. The only other option is to zero your scope elevation dial when it is 1 MOA higher that actually zeroed, would be high at zero a little, but would be true at long range....let us know what the solution ends up being.....curious.....rsbhunter

We did double check the BC and scope height.
velocity of the rifle is 3000fps and to correct the 1 moa difference range finder velocity was 28??. With corrected velocity it was dead on at the 340, 500 and 540.

I will sit down with the instructions and input all the info tomorrow when we get to the range. Hopefully my cousin missed something.

Thanks for the help guy!!

Not to oversimplify, but leave the velocity settings at the corrected FPS. That is why the apps, rangefinders, etc have that function...i trust repeatable bullet drop fps more than a readout on a chrono....As long as the rangefinder yardage is accurate, set the fps to the drop correction, and sleep well at night....it has taken me 65 years to learn the important prayer, God grant me the wisdom to......you get it...rsbhunter

We did double check the BC and scope height.
velocity of the rifle is 3000fps and to correct the 1 moa difference range finder velocity was 28??. With corrected velocity it was dead on at the 340, 500 and 540.

I will sit down with the instructions and input all the info tomorrow when we get to the range. Hopefully my cousin missed something.

Thanks for the help guy!!

I set up my 2400 abs a few months ago . it was in the 90*'s when I shot , I brought my chrony info home and plugged all my info in while I sat in A/C at the kitchen table . my first trip out with the rangefinder I was running about 1 moa off . I shot chrony readings again , and input them right there in the field , problem solved . the rangefinder has a built in weather station , so it needs to see the velocity under those conditions .

here is a thread I started on another forum , that might help you .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.