VARMINT CALLS

crittergetter

I was wondering if I could get some advise on the best calls for fox and coyote.I'm not allowed to use electronic calls in my state, I'll have to stick to mouth blow calls,as of yet I,m not having much luck.Thanks

Crittergetter,
One of my favorite calls that I use is the Crit'R call. It is a open reed call and like all open reed calls they take a little to get use to. But you can really make a lot of different sounds for them ole song dogs.
I also use another call that is made for calling elk, it is a "cow" call with a rubber band. Its made by E.L.K. Inc.
There is a good site to go to for a lot of different call and it is;http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/?source=Overture

There are alot of good ones the power bugle by ELK INC. they have one other that is a bit smaller the songdog is a great one by boddecker or that is how I think is spelled any of the name brand rabbit calls work but you have to think about the use of them I normaly go out and buy all that are being sold around me and use them till have a coyote hold up or just flat run the other way and just mash it with a hammer that tells you that someone has been using it and has missed a few times so go to the next and so on till late in the season and then use ones that you get from out side the area and that makes for rounding the season just keep your best calls for year after year and just spend a lot in the beginning but put more fur on the boards hope this helps you >Coyote Slayer
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts