V.H.A. cover photo

uncleB

There are not too many things that really catch my eye and say WOW. Ijust recieved the latest issue of the Varmint Hunter Association magazine, I have not read a single article yet but the cover photo is one of the best wildlife photo's I have ever seen, a mother coyote howling next to the den with her pup trying to mimic her. if you are a VHA member what do you think ??? if not check out varminthunter.org
UB

Good looking photo for sure.

....there is also a name in there that I recognize from somewhere??? Some guy named Kirby Allen managed to complete the toughest 3 legs of the VHA Grand Slam in the span of just one year!!!

Congrats Kirby!!

I just got my VH magizine right now, and I would have to say that it is an AWESOME front cover.

Wildcat

I have been looking at that photo alot lately and can not tell if its a live photo or a taxidermy mount to be honest, either way its pretty **** impressive.

Bill,

Ya they got my name in there but seem to have forgotten to get the pics printed???? Must be way behind.

Kirby Allen(50)

It sure caught my attention.
Then inside I see an article by a member on reticle range finding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It reminds me of what I read on the plane on the way to CO for SHOTS 2 years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What would you guys think about adding a Varmint sub-forum?

Maybe a separate Predator subforum, too. Maybe I could learn how to actually find and kill a coyote instead of just scaring them away with my calling here in Wisconsin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What would you guys think about adding a Varmint sub-forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... (and did I say YES?)

I think in the world of long range hunters/shooters, the varmint shooters outnumber the large game shooters 20:1

Most woodchuck and Prairie Dog shooters are taking these small targets at ranges that most games shooters would not dare to shoot - and in their techniques, there is a lot to be learned and shared.

I'm not a large game shooter, but rolling a chuck at 900yds is pure "Pig heaven".

[ QUOTE ]
I have been looking at that photo alot lately and can not tell if its a live photo or a taxidermy mount to be honest, either way its pretty **** impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda thought maybe it was a good taxidermy job as well.

I have been thinking about something ever since this issue came out with the names of last years down range clubs included.

As many of you know I made a shot last year that would have easily one the Long Shot of The Year Award but to my own fault was submitted to late in the year to be counted for 2006.

Here is my question. If my name can be included in the lost of those that made the 2000 yard club along side Jesse James, the one that one the LSY award, how is that my shot can not compete against his.

If they are both included in the 20006 down range club listings, does it make much since that my qualifying shot would not be valid for 2006??????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway, still my own **** fault but it just does not make much sense to me. Seems like it would make more sense that my Down range Club listing should not have come out until 2007 either if it was an issue with me not making the date for inclusion in 2006?

Anyway done ranting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Len,

I think that would be a great idea. Anyone that has tried to take a coyote at long range knows very well just how hard it is to get those things to stay in one spot long enough to get a shot at.

All the tips we could get would be great and personally, long range varminting is just as exciting as LR big game hunting, mainly because you can do it most of the year compared to only a couple months for big game hunting.

Kirby Allen(50)

Yea i get what your sayin there Kirby, that doesnt make much sense. And plus now you got some added competition for that LSY award in the form of 2 red necks with a big dang gun. That is if fed ex ever gets it here

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.