Utah hunt

Bobz7

Hi. Wife and I looking to hunt Utah north west corner for elk and deer, any info would help

Stay out of there, it's my area!!! :D
Seriously though, there's no bull elk tags available for non-residents in the Grouse Creek area, or Pilot Mountain area. There's only a few resident tags for that area because there are a bunch of CWMU's in that unit. If you aren't familiar with the CWMU, go here for more info....Cooperative Wildlife Management Units (CWMUs)
There is also a bunch of private land owned by farmer/ranchers in the area so public land is tough to find and hunt. I've been told that some of the ranchers will let you hunt on their property, but I haven't checked.
Cow elk tags are available to everyone, but the app period is already over. About the time the deer hunt ends, the elk leave the area and move into eastern Nevada and southern Idaho. Unless you can afford to buy a CWMU tag, its a really tough Bull hunt, and a fairly tough Cow hunt due to the small amount of public ground.
Good Luck!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.