Using laser bore sighter and Burris offset inserts

nivlac1960

I recently purchased a laser bore sighter to get my scopes as close to optical center as possible using Burris signature zee rings and their offset inserts. Where should I set my scope when lasering at only 7 yds. and wanting a hundred yd. zero to start? My scopes reticles are 1- 17/32" and 1-11/16" above bore center. This is the farthest I can laser in my basement. Also I'm not quite sure where to put the offset inserts to make the corrections as I might be a little bit dyslexic
smiley.gif

I do it in the evening and laser the garage door across the street. It's exactly 100 yards away and works well. At only 7 feet I'm not sure you can figure out much based on my results.

FYI, I've also done it out the basement window at something 20-30 yards away and while not as good as 100 it's far better than 7 feet.

Dr. Vette,
Thanks for the reply. I live in the city with a park across the street so no hauling rifles out to laser at 100 yds. I have been tinkering in basement and have found a solution. The only problem is that it might take a few moves with the inserts to get close without being too far from optical center. It just means more time at the range. Darn it all:)gun).

FYI, my neighbors have no idea I'm doing this. I suspect that if you think about it there is an inobtrusive way you can do it. My business partner lives in a big subdivision and we use a garage across the street and 2 houses down from him. The beams are usually small enough that no one sees them unless directly in line. Your park may be perfect.

Worst case is you drive a bit out of town and do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.