USGI Modular Sleep system (Woodland)

Discussion in 'Backpack Hunting' started by crowsnest2002, Aug 4, 2011.

1. crowsnest2002

crowsnest2002 Well-Known Member

I am receiving a two extra sets of these from a bid I placed. I'm just wondering if anyone on here might be interested in purchasing one. This isnt a for sale ad, it is a question of interest. I will place the ad when I acquire them and anyone that might be interested I will keep you in mind when I receive them.

2. nfhjr62

nfhjr62 Well-Known Member

A Question what is this we are talking about a sleeping bag or something similar or different

3. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

USGI sleep system consist of one zero degee bag one light weight summer bag and a gortex rain fly all combine into one system for realy cold nights. I never had to use anything other than the summer bag and the gortex. unlike alot of other GI gear these are very well made.

4. crowsnest2002

I absolutely loved mine while I was in the service. They are top notch. Anyway they are the perfect backpacking sleep system since you wouldnt even need a tent for most circumstances. That bivy cover really does a good job. icanhithimman is right. The intermediate bag alone not coupled with the patrol bag is usually almost all you ever need. Now if your sleeping in dead of winter I would recommend putting it all together just so your cosey.

5. crowsnest2002

here's a youtube video of it.
    It has some good pictures and such. Very informal video but its long.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYdbGyqIqH4"]‪US GI Gore-Tex Modular Sleep System, Part 1/3‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  6. bubba41

bubba41 Well-Known Member

how much ? kind of heavy . but still interesting

7. crowsnest2002

I'm going to pick them up on Thursday. This is just an interest post. I see that they are going for $150 online. I'd really like to get an honest assesment on them before I give you guys a price. I can tell you though I will definately beat $150.

8. bubba41

bubba41 Well-Known Member

ok let us know thanks

9. cljoe737

cljoe737 Well-Known Member

I woudl really be interested. Let me know what you want for one of them.

10. crowsnest2002

I just wanted to inform everyone that the other bags are spoken for. My wife actually claimed one for herself, and the two others sold already. If I come across anymore I'll let you all know.