US869 powder and hang fire

Kirby

I am already into the lands about 5 thou. I was loading at the range about 5 miles from home. The ramshot powder was the only other powder I had with me at the time. Today I will try to round up some more primers and go back to the range. I was shooting 140 gr SST to get started, trying to save the good bullets till I know about where my loads will be. I have the 869, 8700, and WC872 powders to choose from. When I get back I will post my results.

God bless Fed 215 primers. 8 shots and no hang fires. That was all I could get in before a thunder cloud ran me off. Had to pack up every thing and head in. Started at 85 and got up to 92 grs, this gave me 3300 fps with 140 SST. Thanks for the help. Will be next week before I can get back to the range and finish my ladder test.

[ QUOTE ]
God bless Fed 215 primers. 8 shots and no hang fires.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its amazing what those 215's will do. It is also amazing how somthing so small can make such a huge differance.

I am glad you came to your senses and give another primer a shot. (No pun intended.) I never have had a problem with the federal GMM, but I have had problems with CCI's

I have about 12,000 CCI primers of various sizes. I probably will not be using any more. Their is a chance I have a batch of bad primers, but I don't want to be in the position that every time I pull the trigger I will be asking myself is the gun going to go bang. This could be the only time they let me down but once is enough. I've been reloading for about 12 years and just used CCI primers, never had a reason to use any thing else. Any body want to buy some primers? LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.