Up close and personal

JIMINIL

9FB77D37-2936-4922-8B2B-3834676CC82C.jpeg

So I walk down to the food plot to check for shed antlers and mouth squeaking as I go. Hear something and turn to see this big boy standing behind me on the trail at 30yds. Trusty Handi Rifle makes quick work of him. He weighed just shy of 49 lb. and had a beautiful coat.

Good job! Seems like they're more brazen this time of year. Must be mating season.

View attachment 178780
So I walk down to the food plot to check for shed antlers and mouth squeaking as I go. Hear something and turn to see this big boy standing behind me on the trail at 30yds. Trusty Handi Rifle makes quick work of him. He weighed just shy of 49 lb. and had a beautiful coat.
looks like you shot the crap outa him,good job though.

That's what my taxidermist weighed him at. I thought it may be a coydog at first. Closer inspection indicates that was not the case. He was wet, but even with that I'd say 44lb anyway. Biggest I ever killed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.