New Long Range Personal Record

BigBboy25

Went out this evening to my honey hole for coyotes with my custom .300 Win. Mag. and got a coyote at 883 yards with one shot. This is a personal best for me and was a great way to top off my hunting season this year. Those 210 Berger's really shoot!

That is an awesome shot. One to be proud of. The 300 win with 210 Bergers is a great round for LR and you just proved it. Nice shooting!!

What rangefinder and program were you using?

Jeff

Broz,

Thank you for your compliments. I was using a Bushnell 1500 ARC and I use the Bullet Flight M program on my iPhone. I love this program, I've used it on steel out to 1400 yards and it has been right on. For $30 it's cheaper than Xbal and it has done everything that I have needed.

Also, I am aware that you have played with the 230 OTM tactical bullets with 73 grs of H1000, I tried that load in my rifle with a 230 Hybrid and it shot just under a MOA at 230 yards (again measured with the Bushnell 1500), I used a 3.600" COAL as it's the longest I can seat the bullets and still feed them through the magazine. This OAL put the bullets 0.060" to 0.065" off the rifling and they were all really light loads. I have have a 28" barrel and they were running at 2752. I had great luck with 67 grains of H4831 SC and the 230, they shot 1/4 MOA at 230. I'm really interested in the 215 Hybrid and have a box I've been playing with, I was wondering if you have any experience or suggestions for this bullet that you were wiling to share.

Thanks a lot,

BB25

At this time we have not tried any of the 215's. Just the 210's and 230's. We hit a good load with ease with the 230's but plan to play with it more this summer. What velocity did you get wit the H-4831 and 230's?

Thanks

Jeff

Yote59 said:
Nice shot....but isn't the .300 win. mag. a little overkill?

Overkill? I don't believe in overkill....then again my daily driver is a kenworth w900l w/600 horsepower Idc cummins and my daily driver when home is a dodge 3500 with a 800hp 5.9 cummins.....I would almost say my 300wsm isn't enough but it will work....

Nice shot....but isn't the .300 win. mag. a little overkill?

Have you ever attempted a shot on a yote at almost 900 yards? The High BC bullets make your wind calls a little easier. Would a .223,22-250 or.243 have been better? Not in my world. Tomorrow I am taking the .338 LM with 300 Bergers after a few that hang out about 1000 yards from as close as you can get to them with out being busted. Overkill.... nope, just right for the job at hand.

Jeff gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overkill? I don't believe in overkill....then again my daily driver is a kenworth w900l w/600 horsepower Idc cummins and my daily driver when home is a dodge 3500 with a 800hp 5.9 cummins.....I would almost say my 300wsm isn't enough but it will work....

Dang...you need and RPG now. Again....nice shot.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.