Unknown Prism Optic

Thomas Edward

I acquired an unknown prism optic as part of a purchase. It has no manufacturer's label on it. It might be military surplus. It has approximately 2x magnification and an illuminated reticle with five brightness settings for Red and five for Green. On the higher brightness settings there is significant reticle image bloom. It is a rugged feeling optic that looks like it was designed to surive rough conditions. Does anyone know what it is?
Prism L.jpg
Prism R.jpg
Prism Ret.jpg
. Pictures included.

Thomas Edward

Last edited:
It may be a cvlife. I was just looking at Amazon for an exact match, but it may be a model from a few years ago. It seems to be in that class though. There are a bunch of marketed brands from China with those optics that are almost indistinguishable to my eyes. They probably make them all in the same factory.

It may be a cvlife. I was just looking at Amazon for an exact match, but it may be a model from a few years ago. It seems to be in that class though. There are a bunch of marketed brands from China with those optics that are almost indistinguishable to my eyes. They probably make them all in the same factory.
Thank you for your reply. The reticle illumination bloom made me question the quality of this optic. Perhaps I can ebay it as a used paper weight.