unhappy with leupold warranty

yep,as expected.i got the same old crappy 3x9x42.with the fuzzy image and black haze back.i took it to the range with my atv beater .223 with the 3x9x40 tasco "world class" that is about as old.the tasco won in the optics dept.now thats really bad,but true.no response from customer service.or even a "survey card" either "hmmmm...?"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifthere may be salvation for them yet?return label from them in the mail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gifwe'll see if they turn the frown upside down?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.giffrown turned upside down today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifvx-1 is on the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifthey made it right! my buisness will remain with them.thanks to gabe for his help.

here's the happy ending.

thank you kind friend for your time.i TRUELY HATED that scope,feel free to
put it on one of your fine rifles,i'll bet not.it lived a hard life.trust me
i know.my wife will be happy to have the vx-1 and i can keep my swarovski on
my .25-06 thank you also for that!
to let you know,i have decided to go with the 6.5x20x50 lrt for my new rig.
i will be able to order it at the end of next week.
i cleared up the the post at www.longrangehunting.com and wish it would not
have come to that.but its done and all is well in the end.
mark

Maybe I'm a little dense? What did they do after all this persistant effort? Did they fix your scope or give you a replacement.

I don't remember exactly when I bought my first Leupold, but it was in the sixties? I still have a straight 7.5X. Been on a lot of different guns and I have no intention of getting rid of it. Have only returned a scope to Leupold once and that was one that I had sold, and I suspect the guy abused it? Came back fixed, so it's been over three decades without a problem; keep fingers crossed.

If you think Leupold Service is lacking; look around. I think they have a darned good reputation, and they have earned it.

Good hunting. LB

Perseverance (called stubborness by people when they do not agree with you) will usually get you through most things.

Congratulations on outlasting them!

You might look at the SWFA "sample list". They might have what you are looking for.

replaced with a vx-1(the old vari-x 11) 6% increase in brightness and twice the range of adjustment.if the old one was up to standard,which it WAS NOT.its in the mail.that scope has been a problem for a long time,with a little(alot)of effort they made it right.

buffalobob, hoping to have a new 6.5x20x50 lrt on the AI to give you a running at mifflin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifmay be able to order next week!for september shoot!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.